“Fabulous guide/Trip of a lifetime”
Review of Liquid Adventures

Liquid Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Professionally guided kayak and SUP trips in Kenai Fjords National Park, Resurrection Bay and amazing Bear Glacier. We are a small, owner-operated company that consistently offers the BEST paddling experience possible in a safe, fun and supportive environment. All abilities welcome. We are featured in National Geographic Adventure Magazine, The Unofficial Guide to Alaska and several other national titles.
Reviewed August 11, 2008

My husband and I kayaked for three days up Aialik Bay with Chris, our fabulous guide. It was like kayaking in a reservoir, the water was that smooth. The scenery was gorgeous, the wildlife was abundant, and the weather was ideal.

Chris was excellent at giving us tips on kayaking properly, pointing out wildlife, identifying birds, and cooking fabulous meals. He worked very hard to make sure that we saw everything we wanted to see. He also adjusted our trip to suit our fitness level.

We started off at Verdant cove, kayaked up to Quicksand Cove and camped overnight. We saw black bears, but fortunately had no close encounters. The next day, we kayaked into Holgate Arm and came across a pod of whales which surfaced around our kayaks. Definitely a surprise! The Holgate glacier was actively calving and we saw some enormous chunks of ice fall into the water.

We kayaked up to Holgate Glacier, cutting across the Arm so that we had a slightly shorter route. We camped near the opening of the Arm that night, then kayaked up to Pedersen Lagoon for our third day. Chris timed our arrival just right so that the tide actually carried us into the lagoon without paddling. The lagoon was also full at that point so we didn't have to wait to go into the upper lagoon. The upper lagoon is where the Pedersen glacier meets the water. The lagoon was filled with icebergs. Fabulous location.

I couldn't imagine a better location for kayaking. The scenery, the wildlife, and the peacefulness of Aialik Bay were all ideal.
We saw humpback whales, orcas, harbour seals, puffins, guillemots, oystercatchers, bald eagles, steller sea lions, plovers, black bears, and more.

Chris was extremely knowledgeable and experienced.
I couldn't imagine kayaking with anyone else.

Pam reassured us the water would be smooth, and it was. Liquid Adventures prides themselves on good food, and they certainly surpassed my expectations. The gear list they gave us was thorough: we had everything we needed without overpacking. There were no glitches at all.

I highly recommend kayaking with them!

2  Thank CAtourist

Reviewed August 5, 2008

My wife and I joined Chris for a day trip paddling in Resurrection Bay. We had planned to go the day before but due to the wind, Chris recommended that we put it off a day to see if the weather improved. Fortunately, we heeded his advice, because the next day's weather was absolutely beautiful. After a short paddle to check out a creek filled with spawning salmon, we went a little further, parked out kayaks, and took a short hike through the woods. Chris treated us to a tasty lunch, and then we hiked back to our boats and set off for home. The whole trip lasted about 6 hours and was the perfect way to see Resurrection Bay. Chris was a fantastic and interesting guide (he seems to have "done it all") and gave us great information on the area. We are planning to do a longer excursion with Liquid Adventures when we return to AK in two years.

Reviewed August 5, 2008

Pam and Chris run a class kayak and guide service. I was completely satisfied from my initial contact with them all the way through the trip. And what a trip it is! Its the kind of trip that makes you want to quit your job and become a professional kayaker. As an added bonus, Chris shared his wilderness savy with us, and I'll be taking pages from his play book for years to come!

Reviewed August 4, 2008

My wife and I hooked up with Liquid Adventures for a day trip to Ailak bay. Being our first time to Alaska and on a kayak we were a little skeptical that we were not well prepared for the weather and the water. But thanks to Pam, for thinking through every small detail, this was the best Alaska experience we had. She ensured that we stayed dry and warm and taught us all the necessary basics to make us feel safe and confident.
The pace of the trip was relaxed we had plenty of time to soak in the surroundings and take photos. Pam setup a nice picnic lunch with various goodies that we thoroughly relished. My wife was particularly fascinated that she had brought along two chair like seats that made lunch time very comfortable.
If any of my pals go to Alaska I would ask them to lookup Pam and Chris to go on a awesome kayaking trip.

Reviewed August 2, 2008

I did a one-day trip with Liquid adventure, their ultimate Aialik.Of my four kayak outings in Alaska, this was my favorite. The location was gorgeous and our guide, Pam, was fantastic. Liquid adventure is a two-person company and you feel that they love what they do, and that they love sharing it with you. For me, it felt more like going kayaking with a friend than booking a tour with a company. I loved it.
Fredo, Boston, MA

Been to Liquid Adventures? Share your experiences!