“Aialik Glacier”
Review of Liquid Adventures

Liquid Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Professionally guided kayak and SUP trips in Kenai Fjords National Park, Resurrection Bay and amazing Bear Glacier. We are a small, owner-operated company that consistently offers the BEST paddling experience possible in a safe, fun and supportive environment. All abilities welcome. We are featured in National Geographic Adventure Magazine, The Unofficial Guide to Alaska and several other national titles.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Thanks for a great trip - a unique experience something we both will remember for a long time. As if seeing and hearing glaciers calving was not enough to also see Orcas, whales seals etc. as well as all the bird life...... well this was the cherry on the top of a great experience

Special thanks to Joe, a fellow Aussie, good to have you lead us and imparting much of your knowledge, Chris and Pam have a first class set up and we wish you well for the future.

Richard and Karin, Ballina Australia

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Having returned from my first trip to AK just one week ago, I can tell you with great certainty that I will return multiple times in my life. There are too many sights to see and things to do in just one trip. Aialik Glacier felt ‘other worldly’ because it wasn't like anywhere else I'd ever been, and I've traveled to many corners of the earth. It was an all day trip between the water taxi and kayaking up to the glacier. I had an overwhelming feeling of anxiety and excitement as we neared the giant walls of ice; it was just so massive and loud with its frequent calving right in front of us. It was magnificent!

I would HIGHLY recommend Liquid Adventures for anyone, whether you’re solo, with a group of friends or with your family, all you need is a sense of adventure and a love of nature and you’re good to go. You can count on a breathtaking experience with super fun, knowledgeable and professional guides. Pam was my fearless leader, she knew the answer to every question I had and was on top of everything from gear, to weather to the perfect snack on the way back. Next on my list is SUP-ing Bear Glacier with Liquid Adventures! Can’t wait to get back there next year for more fun, Seward Style with Pam and Chris.

Sara from Santa Barbara

1  Thank Sara W
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a fantastic trip out to SUP on the Bear Glacier Trip on Labor Day with Chris. The weather was a bit blustery to say the least but it was still an amazing adventure. Pam and Chris took great care making sure we were outfitted correctly underneath our drysuits and that we would have a great trip. The walk out to the water taxi was nice to get the blood flowing before the ride out to the lagoon. Once we arrived at the beach we all hopped on our paddle boards from the boat and paddled in with Chris directing us where to come in. The lagoon is AMAZING! Chris took us to some of the most phenomenal chunks of ice in the lagoon and after I picked my jaw up off my board we spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon paddling around the lagoon. If you are headed to Seward during the summer months and you want to visit a place that few have seen so intimately as on a SUP board you NEED to book a trip with Liquid Adventures. You will not be disappointed with a Bear Glacier trip. Book it now before it's gone!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Early this summer, We decided it was time to explore one of the less traveled Fjords along the Kenai Peninsula: The Northwest Fjord and Harris Bay. We made this decision with only a few weeks to plan (a consequence of busy schedules and work commitments). Even though we are experienced AK visitors, sea kayakers and worldwide travelers, we checked or "sources" in AK for a safe, experienced and enjoyable guiding outfit. We wanted a private trip. Chris and Pam at Liquid Adventures were widely recommended. We contacted them immediately and explained what we wanted and what we didn't want, thus raising some planning challenges, which they overcame not only with a smile, but with expert logistics skills and creativity. When it came time for the trip itself, Pam had pre-prepared yummy meals, we put all our gear into well taken care of kayaks, and Chris came with us. We spent five days paddling and campling along lovely beaches where we could safely hear the calving glaciers all night and sneaking into little bays of beauty that Chris knew to look for. It was fantastic trip! What a team Chris and Pam make! We felt happy and safe with Chris and by the end of the trip, he felt like a long time friend. Luckily, we also got to spend an evening with both Pam and Chris upon our return to Seward. You are missing an opportunity if you don't find adventure with Liquid Adventures.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We did the day kayak paddling tour with Joe. We were the only 3 on the tour for the day so enjoyed being able to travel at our own pace.The trip out on the water taxi was a highlight, nice boat and we saw wildlife on the way. The kayaking was fun and was a great experience. Also having lunch on the beach in view of the glacier was a bonus. When researching the tour we had considered doing the standard boat tour instead of the kayaking mainly due to cost. We noticed the tours boat got much closer to the glacier than we did in the kayak so if proximity to the glacier is what you are seeking you may be disappointed. However the overall experience and the water taxi with a small number of people rather than a crowded boat balanced the negative of not getting as close to the glacier. This was Joe's first season so he was still gathering local knowledge but provided a lot of info on glaciers and took care of us in paddling instruction and safety. Overall a very pleasant day.

1  Thank 2011travelbug

Been to Liquid Adventures? Share your experiences!