“Ambience of an Earlier Era”
Review of Hotel Seward

Hotel Seward
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Seward
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel''s charm is reflected in its restoration depicting life in Seward in its earliest years, and we give the owners kudos for their enormous energy towards keeping this theme alive. Rooms were comfortable and amenities were central. Without any hesitation, we would definitely stay here again.

Barb & Allan Bolstad
Edmonton, Alberta

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 22, 2011

Off the cuff hotel with ambiance and character bar none. Forget Motel 6, Ramada or Comfort Inn, this is a throw back to hotels of yesteryear.
Food was very good AND if you happen to get lucky fishing kitchen will prepare your catch.
Well, maybe not an Orca!
Within walking distance of Sea Life Center, excellent restaurants and souvenir shops or just a casual stroll to the beach.
Going back in 2012, hope to see you there.
You owe it to yourself.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2011

My wife and I visited hotel Seward on our honeymoon and had a fabulous time! We stayed in one of the Alaskan view rooms. First thing you notice is the amazing view! Absolutely breath taking! The room was clean and neat, and the bed was amazing! Slept so good the entire week! ( their beds put a five start hotels bed in dallas to shame!) The service was amazing anything we needed or asked for was given with smiles and speed! The staff at Hotel Seward took great care of us and made sure we well taken care of! My wife and I can not Wait to get back!

Room Tip: Alaskan View rooms! 3rd floor!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Hotel Seward is a beautiful historic hotel with spacious and very well decorated rooms. The staff was helpful, professional, and knowledgeable and went out of the way to make my stay and my trip enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My best friend and her husband always go to Seward over Thanksgiving and they rave about staying at Hotel Seward. This year my husband and I joined them and I did not know what to expect. When we arrived at Hotel Seward we walked into a beautiful hotel lobby with antiques, soft lighting, and very festive holiday decorating. The decor could be described as very Alaskan and old fashioned in a Victorian sense but also very beautiful. You also felt right at home. The staff were so friendly, it was a treat. I have two toy poodles that I never board when I travel, and I was able to bring them with me. The owner has an adorable little dog as their mascot and my two poodles were able to spend some time playing with Cody. The rooms were large, comfortable and tastefully decorated. This would be a good place for a wedding and my first pick if I bring my family in from the lower 48 and want to give them the real Alaskan experience. I can hear the wows now. Also the food and service is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2010

A very unique little place. I guess during the gold rush this place was a brothel!! Very quaint, not the most comfortable bed, but comfy nonetheless.

Seward itself is nice little town that has a year round population of I think 3,000. Being this is the home of the Seward Sea Life Center, quite a few folks work there. The rest of the folks, not sure, your guess is as good as mine. In speaking with one of the waitresses in a local eatery, she said once the last ship leaves on September 15th, the town basically shuts down.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We used a 2 for 1 night offer at Hotel Seward. Initially there was some confusion in our room type but the front desk made everything right. This was probably the only stressful part of our stay. We were in the new part of the hotel. The rooms and hotel is uniquely decorated. We loved the taxidermy in the lobby since it fits Alaska.

We liked that the hotel was away from the more touristy north end of Seward by the boat harbor. There are many restaurants and shops nearby as well as the Alaska Sea Life Center. The hotel had a shuttle to our departing cruise boat, but the City of Seward also has a free shuttle they run during the summer -- no problem getting around. Seward is a small town and has a couple taxi services.

Hotel Seward also has a coin-op washer/dryer. It was nice to do a couple loads before we started our cruise. We didn't try the hotel restaurant or bar. The bar seemed like a nice little bar but we didn't have the energy to check it out. Also, the wifi worked fine (fast speed and good signal). There was another computer available in the lobby for use as well.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a comfortable stay with the added bonus of unique decorating. We would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple