“Fun Eating”

Smoke Shack
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Seward
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Dine in a fun & comfortable atmosphere inside a historic Alaska Railroad car! We are open for breakfast & lunch serving homemade comfort food. We are open every day from 8 am- 3pm.
University City, Missouri
“Fun Eating”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

This is a fun restaurant. It's located in an old Alaskan RR railcar located near the boat docks. Their menu does't have too much local fare on it which was actually nice b/c by the time I had eaten seafood everyday for a week. They have great BBQ and even some vegetarian options as well. They don't have many tables so you might have to wait but it'll be worth it.

Toledo, Ohio
“The Smoke Shack is smokin' good!”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Can't say enough good things about this place. Stopped in after a 6 hour glacier/wildlife tour with a healthy appetite and, boy, did this place deliver! My brother and I both had the green chili - a yummy (and spicy) soup with a warm, grilled tortilla on the side - this was FANTASTIC! I had the pulled pork sandwich (I recommend the Orange Jalepeno BBQ sauce) and my brother had the burrito - they were both awesome. This was all for less than $40 which was great (for Alaska). They apparently also have homemade dessert, but they were out as it was all eaten at lunchtime. This is a small space, we were lucky to not have to wait!

greenwood, WI
“Average Food, Not as good as other reviews say it is”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We had Smoked hamburger, It was really a quite Fire chared hamburger on the outside, The wife had BBQ pulled pork sandwich, with the BBQ sauce on side which was really not a BBQ sauce, was really liquid and not BBQ tasting that much, were going to eat hear 2 times ( beacause of the #2 rating of resturuants on this site) because we were staying at Hoilday Inn next door. It was an average railcar with small dining area, service was good, but food nothing special.

1 Thank countryguy21
Dunnellon, Florida
“two of the best meals I ever had; unique dining experience”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I read the rave reviews about the Smoke Shack and had it on my list of places to eat during the week we were in Seward. Boy, I wish we had eaten there earlier than halfway during our trip. Two of the best meals I ever had were there. The first time I had the Big Kahuna Burger (Samuel L Jackson couldn't enjoy that thing more than I did!) Huge, juicy, yum! Second time I had breakfast - a full order of biscuits and gravy - mm mm man - just right before hitting the road for Homer! I'd make a special trip to Seward again just to eat at the Smoke Shack; just looking at that menu online makes me depressed I'm not in Seward right now. The restaurant seats very few people and is actually a blue rail car with wooden booths but it is comfortable enough; it is located on the water next to the Holiday Inn. The young waitress was as sweet as she can be. I regret not having every single meal in Seward at the Smoke Shack.

2 Thank RootlessRoamer
Corona, California
“The Smoke Shack is smokin!”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We had a great smoked lunch at the Smoke Shack. We were lucky to get right in for a table. Great smoked sandwiches.....large portions. There was a great patio deck for eating, as well. It was great fun. We would have loved to eat breakfast, as well, but maybe next time.

Been to Smoke Shack? Share your experiences!