“Worth the wait!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smoke Shack

Smoke Shack
Ranked #16 of 48 Restaurants in Seward
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Oregon
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Fantastic breakfast burrito! Limited seating because its in a grounded train car, but you'll be glad you waited!

Visited July 2013

“Cute place with friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Good food with nice staff. BBQ sauce is quite strange (very watery) I guess its more "authentic" BBQ sauce and not something you would buy at the supermarket. I didn't care for it but my husband loved it. The place is made from an old railroad car. Burgers and pulled pork were good.

Visited August 2013
“good eats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Unique setting for a great food. good portions and friendly staff. Prices were resonable. this is a place I would revisit.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wish I knew what people liked about this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Arrived by Alaska Railroad for a weekend in Seward and we were so looking forward to eating at the Smoke Shack since there are so many good reviews. I have to wonder how that is possible.

We arrive at about 11:00 a.m. and they were switching over from breakfast to lunch. There was a line of people waiting outside, seems good right? Told it would be about 20 minutes. O.K. We have a pick up to go out to Exit Glacier at around 12:30.

Finally seated inside and it takes another 20 minutes for the waitress to come. I watched as the cook made one order at a time. When I saw him put the bar-b-que ribs into the microwave oven I told my husband we were leaving.

I wish I could give you more details but we left without ordering food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Joanne F
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Fun Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stopped at the Smoke Shack, or "Train Wreck", for breakfast before heading out of Seward. We had great food and good service.My husband loved the idea of turning train cars into a restaurant. The only drawback is a lack of seating inside. However, if the weather is nice you can enjoy the outdoor seating as well!

Visited July 2013

Been to Smoke Shack? Share your experiences!