“good eats”

Smoke Shack
Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in Seward
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Dine in a fun & comfortable atmosphere inside a historic Alaska Railroad car! We are open for breakfast & lunch serving homemade comfort food. We are open every day from 8 am- 3pm.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Unique setting for a great food. good portions and friendly staff. Prices were resonable. this is a place I would revisit.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Arrived by Alaska Railroad for a weekend in Seward and we were so looking forward to eating at the Smoke Shack since there are so many good reviews. I have to wonder how that is possible.

We arrive at about 11:00 a.m. and they were switching over from breakfast to lunch. There was a line of people waiting outside, seems good right? Told it would be about 20 minutes. O.K. We have a pick up to go out to Exit Glacier at around 12:30.

Finally seated inside and it takes another 20 minutes for the waitress to come. I watched as the cook made one order at a time. When I saw him put the bar-b-que ribs into the microwave oven I told my husband we were leaving.

I wish I could give you more details but we left without ordering food.

1  Thank Joanne F
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stopped at the Smoke Shack, or "Train Wreck", for breakfast before heading out of Seward. We had great food and good service.My husband loved the idea of turning train cars into a restaurant. The only drawback is a lack of seating inside. However, if the weather is nice you can enjoy the outdoor seating as well!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

smoked hamburgers were the best. heard breakfast was good also. but did not get a chance to try. rent a bike next door to work off the great meal

Reviewed July 28, 2013

good food (frittata) and good service - fun experience! We didn't have to wait for a table, but it's worth the time if you do.

Been to Smoke Shack? Share your experiences!