“Wonderful experience”

Sunny Cove Sea Kayaking
Ranked #2 of 58 Tours in Seward
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Paddle along the cliffs of Fox Island in Resurrection Bay, watch otters frolic near Lowell Point and Seward, kayak through ice and watch glaciers calve into the ocean in Kenai Fjords National Park. Our personable and professional guides make the experience fun and educational. Providing exceptional eco-friendly tours since 1996. Check out our website tour details and pictures of the area to learn more.
Reviewed June 7, 2017

My girl friend and I did the Tonsina Point Kayak & Exploration tour on June 3rd, 2017. We were lucky enough to have no else on the tour with us, so we basically got a private tour. The area is extremely beautiful and there was plenty of wild life and nature to see. Ted was a our guide and did a great job showing us around and providing insight into the area. He was very personable and helpful through out our trip. One thing I thought that was a nice touch to the trip was the lunch. A lot time tours say they provide lunch and it's just some crackers and bottles of water. The lunch include a hearty minestrone soup and a nature valley bar as a snack before lunch. Then a hearty turkey sandwich, an apple, chips, and very large and delicious chocolate chip cookie.

1  Thank pwaterz
SewardAKKayaking, General Manager at Sunny Cove Sea Kayaking, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Hi pwaterz,

Thank you for joining us for a paddle to Tonsina Point! Ted is a personable guy, isn't he. ;) I'm glad to hear you really enjoyed your trip and your bakery fresh lunch. This is one of our favorite trips. It has such a relaxed pace, yet you have so many opportunities for beautiful vistas and wildlife.

Stephanie C Millane
Sunny Cove Sea Kayaking
Operations Manager
907.224.4426
info@sunnycove.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"holgate glacier"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed June 6, 2017

We did the short 3.5 hour kayak tour of resurrection bay. Our tour guides Nikki and Moira were very friendly and helpful on guiding us on a somewhat windy day. They were very patient with the group helping those kayakers who were not as strong as others. Both Niikki and Moira gave us a lot of information on the history of the bay, it's geology and wildlife. We also had time for a great short hike into the forest. This was a great trip, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 6, 2017

This was an amazing experience. The staff at Sunny Cove Sea Kayaking was very knowledgeable of the area as well as Kayaking. I was very scared to kayak in the ocean as it was my first time every kayaking. The staff made me feel very safe and confident in myself. I would recommend this experience to anyone who is looking for a fun adventure. The views and experience was amazing.

Reviewed June 5, 2017

Very friendly guides. I liked where we stopped and took a break to take pictures and learn more about the surrounding areas. Loved MK!!!

Date of experience: May 2017