“never let a little rain stand in your way”

Sunny Cove Sea Kayaking
Ranked #3 of 49 Tours in Seward
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Paddle along the cliffs of Fox Island in Resurrection Bay, watch otters frolic near Lowell Point and Seward, kayak through ice and watch glaciers calve into the ocean in Kenai Fjords National Park. Our personable and professional guides make the experience fun and educational. Providing exceptional eco-friendly tours since 1996. Check out our website tour details and pictures of the area to learn more.
Boulder, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“never let a little rain stand in your way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

What an experience! I'll admit that at the start I was feeling trepidation at the thought of kayaking around in the cold, deep ocean. My fears, however, were immediately put to rest when I met my guide, Jen, and she was able to easily answer all of my questions and concerns. The perspective you get from being right there on the water is so amazing. I made friends with a little seal that popped up right in front of us. I feel very fortunate I had the opportunity to have such an amazing experience with such a great guide!

2 Thank Andrew G

Nashville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best part of the day..kayaking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Bets was our guide and she did a wonderful job describing the area we were in. She was also funny and personable. We saw starfish, puffins, harbor seal, eagle, harbor porpoises from afar. Overall, a successful trip! One thing to note: I'm not sure if it says anywhere on the site, but we were in tandem kayaks which I didn't realize.

2 Thank travellingzan
Abilene, Kansas
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“This is heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our guides Jen and Sabrina were fantastic! The kayaking was so peaceful and beautiful. It's easier than I expected (maybe my husband did all the work?). The views are gorgeous. Sure, it might be expensive, but it also might be the only time I get to experience this. Very worthwhile. Be sure to bring a water-resistant jacket and layer your clothing as it can be chilly.

1 Thank wildcat2003
Anchorage, Alaska
“Just askin'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I dropped in to Sunny Cove after doing some Googling about Seward, where we went to spend Labor Day weekend. I asked 'bout where to launch and was given great advice. I also stopped by after my paddle to find out where I;d gone (and to let 'em know I was still alive). Both times, I got good , friendly help, even though I was just passing through and not spending any money. Thanks, Sunny Cove!

Visited September 2012
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Expensive trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

The trip was fun but you are paying through the nose for what is essential a short paddle, ordinary lunch and resurrection boat trip that only saw birds. $400 + tips for kayaking guides + boat staff...EXPENSIVE