“Felt so welcomed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seward
Alaska's Point of View
Ranked #12 of 46 Seward B&B and Inns
Canadensis, Pennsylvania
“Felt so welcomed”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

If your idea of lodging is generic luxury in spa-tones with standardized Alaska prints on the wall and a landscaped view, then book a chain hotel room. But if you want a comfortable and clean apartment in a great location right in the town of Seward (the working-class neighborhood..not the tourist-strewn harbor area), then Point of View could well be the perfect option for you. We LOVED it! We loved Debra's glass work, which fills the apartment with whimsy, color, and artistry. Debra's basket of fruit, muffins, and chocolates made us feel so welcomed! This apartment has such character--funky and eclectic. And the view is spectacular. This apartment is so memorable, and we will stay there again when we return to Seward!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tusgat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This charming room was extremely ideal for young couples; the owner(Debra) thought of everything a young couple needs, including breakfast in the morning, a jet tub, love couch, television, etc. Both my boyfriend and I enjoyed the room very, very much and would highly recommend it to any young couple!

Room Tip: We stayed in Studio #2
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank C_Jeltema
Jacksonville
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I enjoy traveling, have been fortunate to have hit all 50 U.S. states, and love trying to visit different places. I thought Seward was the kind of place where we needed to find a place to rent with a little bit of space, not a hotel room, and Point of View sounded like it had that along with a view of the harbor, so we booked it. I was genuinely looking forward to it.

Well, the house is an a residential area that is aging, and after you arrive at the house to check in, to get to the suite you have to drive around the block to a back alley, drive up the alley, and find a place to park, the entrance to the suite is at the back of the house. At that point, my wife was looking at me like "And you chose for us to stay here because....???".

It did not get better when we got in the suite. We had the space we wanted, but the decorating was "interesting". We had the deck, and we could see the harbor......which was several blocks away and which you could see as you looked over the tops of houses, one of which directly across the street had a food truck parked every night. (When the food truck first showed up, they appeared to be parking behind us in the little driveway, and once again my wife was provoked to look at me like 'Where have you brought me?". It turns out he was backing his food truck into the driveway across from us, after having to make several attempts to straighten it out)

I think the point of doing these reviews is to share your experiences, good and bad. I personally didn't think the place was bad. But let's be honest - when your wife hates the place, it's awfully hard to enjoy your stay. It was sort of a relief to check out and head back to Anchorage.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RoadJunkie
Miranda, Australia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am glad we chose this place to stay as I am not a big fan of staying in hotels. This guest house made you feel like you were staying as a local. I liked the fact you could come and go as you please, cook your own meals and had a good location close to town. The thing I really liked was the special things that the host did to make you feel welcome, such as fruit, chocolate, popcorn and muffins. If I return to Seward, I would certainly consider this accommodation again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank zodiac6573
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed in Debra's studio apartment for 3 nights. The room has a warm feel and I loved the stained glass windows. As a solo traveler, I never felt unsafe. There was a parking spot for me in front and it's an easy walk to downtown to eat or to visit the Sea Life Center and a short drive to the fjord tours' parking lots (I was able to use Debra's discount for my fjord tour and that was another bonus). The breakfast muffins were delicious and it was nice to have fresh fruit and juice, as someone who doesn't drink coffee. I accidentally left something at Debra's and she went out of her way to track me down to return it - this is above-and-beyond what a typical host would do - I certainly appreciated that! I would definitely stay here again the next time I come to Seward and I will also recommend it to my friends. Thanks again for an enjoyable stay in Seward!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bonfb11
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We took a 7 day Alaskan cruise which ended in Seward and stayed with Debra for 3 nights. Wow! She was so accommodating from picking us up at the cruise terminal, storing our son and his girlfriend's luggage for the day and then taking them to catch the train to Anchorage. Our room was spacious, clean and the bed was comfortable. When we asked if there was a laundry in Seward, she offered to do our laundry for a nominal fee. She provided coffee, orange juice, fruit and muffins each morning. Upon our departure, she took us to the bus station to head to Anchorage. Couldn't have asked for a better introduction to Alaskan hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NCTNGal
Reviewed February 17, 2013

From the location to the fireplace and the jacuzzi. The warmth of the room was just perfect. Wake up look outside the window to see the beautiful snowy mountains. Debra was a great host and was able to help us with all of our needs. We will definitely be staying here again can't wait till next time.

• Stayed February 2013