Review Highlights
Tons of fish

Our family of 4 including 2 teenagers went out on board the Keep It Reel with Matt for a 1/2 day... read more

Reviewed August 26, 2021
opjp
Commack, New York
Great Boat and Crew! Caught My Limit! Good Time!

Went out on the Crackerjack Voyager for a day of fishing and the crew were professional and very... read more

Reviewed July 27, 2021
robcZ5161MA
Seward, Alaska

Recommended experiences in and around Seward
from $111.00
from $195.03
from $246.00
More Info
All reviews captain jeff ling cod catch fish fishing trip king salmon filet person boat charter company great captain yellow eye lbs fisherman boats weather freezer
Selected filters
Reviewed July 13, 2020

I fished with Crackerjack and Captain Jeff for the second and third time last week. My previous review was "the best fishing charter I have ever been on" and that is no longer true, because last week was now the best fishing charter I have ever been on. Jeff is a world class fisherman, and not only did we all catch large halibut and king salmon with him, but I learned a lot as a fisherman.

He is a great captain for all skill levels, and puts everyone on fish. He works for everyone so that each fisherman has an equal opportunity to catch fish. I will never go with another charter company in Seward. Thanks again for the fantastic fishing, and I am still working on purchasing another freezer to accommodate my fillets.

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed August 7, 2019

On Aug 5, my brother in law and I chartered a “six pack” fishing trip out of Seward. Captain Jeff took us out far into the Pacific to “where the fish are”. A trip one way taking 2 1/2 hours. We had our halibut limit (2 each) in about an hour then on to other species - salmon, black bass (rockfish) and ling cod. A great day and experience.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 19, 2019 via mobile

After a 7 day cruise 3 couples flew off to Anchorage... first stop Crackerjack fishing in Seward. Jeff did not disappoint us, despite the fog, we caught fish like they were waiting for our bait! A rookie caught a 92 pound halibut, my husband 80 and the rest of the group all caught at least 2 fish a piece. What a great day. This is the second time my husband went with Jeff and this charter and both times we’ve been more than pleased with the trips!! Keep up the good work

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank char252
Reviewed July 9, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I fished with Captain T and Sage on the Voyager today and had a great experience. The boat was well maintained and T/Sage made an immediately positive impression with clearly organized and efficient processes for basic boat operations and handling gear/equipment. The fishing was good and both Captain T and Sage were engaged and attentive to client needs. I would recommend this crew and this company. I would also rebook with them myself. Gregg Dudley Weirsdale Florida

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 22, 2019

We traveled to Alaska with our two young grandsons and lucked out getting Captain Jeff as our captain for the day. We did a halibut charter and added some King Salmon in for good measure. The waters to the halibut area were pretty rough on our day (2.5 hours each way). Once we got there we got into some nice fish.

BOTTOM LINE: Captain Jeff used to work for Capt Andy when he owned Crackerjack Charters and learned from the best. He did a great job of finding the fish for us. After filleting, we ended up with 100 lbs of fish to send home. Overall we had a fun day despite the rough seas. MY RATING: 8/10

SHIPPING NOTE: FEDEX Shipping costs $8.50 per pound flat rate to the lower 48 states. Yep, it would have cost us over $1,000 to ship our catch, but we had Captain Jacks processing at the dock cut, vacuum pack, freeze and box our fish for us the take back on our flight (just the cost of an extra suitcase). A much cheaper way to get your fish back home. The prep & processing costs about $96 per 50 lb box.

Date of experience: June 2019