“True Pros who know where the fish are”

Crackerjack Sportfishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer quality half day, full day and multi day fishing excursions in the waters of Western Prince William Sound and the Kenai Fjords National Park and beyond. With 17 years of experience and top of the line equipment, we stack the deck in your favor for a great day of sportfishing in Seward Alaska.
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I had the pleasure of fishing with Nick, Andy, Jeff and Ryan for three days last week and was amazed at how professional, friendly and fun these guys are. We caught tons of fish, save a bunch of halibut for food and released many rockfish and lingcod. The boats are great, the equipment is top of the line and the crew is great. If you want to fish anywhere in Alaska, I would honestly recommend that you try to book a trip with Crackerjack Sportfishing. Book early, the word has gotten out and other know how good they are!!

3  Thank sailorpete_PhD
in 8 reviews
"lingcod"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed June 7, 2010

Like others that posted here, I am an experienced sport fisherman including Marlin in Cabo, Tuna out of San Diego, Salmon and Halibut in Alaska and almost everything in between. I have my own salt water boat in Southern California but I do enjoy letting someone else do the driving once in a while. This is more a fish report than a review. The review title says how I feel about the Crackerjack and Capt Andy.

In August 2008 after a business trip to Anchorage, I drove down to Seward and fished with Capt Andy on the Crackerjack Voyager on two consecutive open party day trips. One was a Salmon / Halibut combo and the other a Lingcod / Halibut combo. I caught limits of big Silvers, Halibut (mostly chickens) and a 60 lb Ling Cod filling up two boxes that I shipped home. During that trip Capt Andy just flat out impressed me with his charter operation, his boat that is custom designed for the fishing he does, his hard fishing attitude, knowledge and respect for the ocean and the way he made sure everyone caught fish and had a great time. I learned that Andy also does long range trips where the boat can reach less fished waters. I vowed then to get a group of guys together and do the long range trip.

Yesterday (6/6/2010) I returned from two amazing days of fishing with five great friends. We were forewarned a few days in advance that the seas were going to be rough but Andy would do his best to make it the best trip he could. Andy offered for us to sleep on the boat the night before at the marina which saved us a hotel room in Seward. We leave at 5 AM the first day and make it to the Halibut grounds where we catch and mostly release on several spots holding patient for a hog Halibut. We don’t get the hog but we do well for the box and easily release a double limit that day. We are fishing shallow water and relatively light tackle. Andy decides to head to a remote lodge to fuel up and barbeque steaks and fresh fish for dinner. Late that night Andy calls for the weather on the sat phone and it is forecasted to get worse the next day potentially limiting where we can fish. The group has a great attitude and takes the mindset to make lemonade out of the lemon of a forecast. The morning arrives and it is better than forecasted so we make the short run to get back out the Halibut grounds.

The second day turns out to be even better. As we’re getting close to our two day limits we start getting really picky and manage a surprise King Salmon and a few Silvers. At 7:30 PM we pick up the anchor and head in to anchor for the night. Just short of the cove we stop to make dinner. Andy says we’re not done fishing yet – in years past I’ve caught some hogs here. Out the rods go again. As we’re having dinner we proceed to boat a 50 lb and a 78 lb Halibut (first and third biggest for the trip). We don’t finish fishing until 10 PM. That’s hard core!

The evening weather update says we could be blown out with high wind and big seas. We hope for the best but as we left the cove it was clear that the safe thing to do was head back to Seward. The original plan was to fish Kings on the third day. Andy refunded us for the third day.

All throughout the trip Andy engaged us in conversation and had us rolling in laughter with his one line zingers which seemed to come every five minutes. The whole group had a fantastic time despite the weather.

1  Thank Troudt
Reviewed May 8, 2010

This was the best fishing trip I have been on. Capt Nic went straight to the fish grounds and we maxed out on big fish fast! I would definitely would want to use him on another trip.

2  Thank sthrnbear
Reviewed December 30, 2009

This guy knows where the fish are. His boat is first class. There is a big difference in the number and the size of the fish you catch on this boat compared to almost all the other boats in the harbor.