“Best day of fishing”

Crackerjack Sportfishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer quality half day, full day and multi day fishing excursions in the waters of Western Prince William Sound and the Kenai Fjords National Park and beyond. With 17 years of experience and top of the line equipment, we stack the deck in your favor for a great day of sportfishing in Seward Alaska.
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

One day charter from Seward with captain Nick. Halibut fishing with my boy's. Although it was snowing and a gale warning we found a sheltered spot out of the wind about 2 hours from the dock.
with patience and lot of help chuming the water we caught our limit of 2 fish each.
With Jeff's cannection to the local processor we had the fish vacuum sealed and on ice in under an hour. We took home 123 lbs of Alaskan halibut.
Great charter company

2  Thank cadgwithtony

Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you want a great fishing experience with top notch gear, a fun and hard working crew, a hilarious captain, and a beautiful vessel, then the Crackerjack Voyager is the charter to pick. Andy, Jeff, and everyone work really hard to make your experience enjoyable. I have been fishing with Andy for years, and fishing with him is always one of the top things on my list to do while in Seward. Andy and his crew spend the time to teach me what I need to know. As a woman, I have always felt really welcome and cared about. I can't wait to fish with them again this summer.

1  Thank rosy907
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife, daughter, son-in-law, and I fished with Captain Nik aboard the Crackerjack. The Captain warned us before we left dock that the weather was predicted to worsen and that the trip would be rushed in an effort to avoid it. We drove about 2 hours to fishing grounds. Everyone limited out on halibut and we caught rock fish, and lingcod too. The scenery was AWESOME! The fishing was Good to Excellent. Our boat seemed to have the largest and most fish that I saw come in on the dock while I was there. Halibut was probably 20 to 30 pound range. The four of us shipped 75 lbs. of fillets home. We got back to the dock around 1:00 pm. My only complaint was that our whole experience was rushed but my complaint would have been much greater if Captain Nik would have gotten us into trouble.

2  Thank jonpruitt
Reviewed September 4, 2012

First off, I'd like to thank both Nick and Jeff, we had Nick for day 1 and Jeff for days 2 and 3. A HUGE thank you!!! You guys were Awesome!!!

I had booked 3 days for my dad and I thinking that we would have 1 day that would not have very good weather but, fortunately, we had 3 days of mostly sunny and very nice water.

Both captains were very tentive to make sure everyone had bait in the water but, when the fishing gets hot, it might be a minute or two, they still have to net fish, mark them and place them in the hold. Lines will get tangled due to double and triple headers, so be patient and enjoy the trip, you're there to relax and have fun.

I would recommend Crackerjack Charters to anyone who wants to have a great time on the water fishing even if you're not limiting out. The Captains provide a top notch service and the scenery is picturesque. Crackerjack Charters will give you a fishing trip you'll never forget.

We will book another trip again, this is the best trip we've ever had.

Thanks again Nick and Jeff, you guys are great!!!

1  Thank Ted D
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My adult son and I went on an all-day halibut trip with Crackerjack on August 12. The water was comparatively flat that day with minimal swells. There were 14 fisherman on the boat. Like other reviewers here, I felt Captain Andy and deck-hand Nick did their best to provide all on board a successful, fun day catching fish. Although none of the fish caught that day were anywhere close to the 100+ lb. halibut some have reported catching, all 14 fisherman caught their limit of Halibut plus numerous Cod, Silver Salmon, and Rock Bass. I look forward to the next time I can fish with Crackerjack Sportfishing Charters!

2  Thank Ronald M