“Departmental Teambuilding Experience”

Crackerjack Sportfishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer quality half day, full day and multi day fishing excursions in the waters of Western Prince William Sound and the Kenai Fjords National Park and beyond. With 17 years of experience and top of the line equipment, we stack the deck in your favor for a great day of sportfishing in Seward Alaska.
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Our department had a teambuilding Augsut 15 adn 16 and part of that experience was chartering the Voyager for a half-day Silver fishing expedition. I first dealt with Robyn in the office who was awesome and extremely helpful and accommodating. She arranged for picking up our box lunches and beverages for the charter. She also arranged for having our fish taken to a processor for packaging, freezing and transport to Anchorage. Every detail was taken care for us. Our Captain (Andy) and our deckhands (Jeff and Nick) and the deckhand in training (Hunter) were extremely knowledgeable, helpful and most importantly, funny! We all had an awesome time and I would recommend Crackerjack Charters to anyone looking for a great fishing experience in Seward. Andy definitely knew how to find the fish!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Five of us went out on a full day halibut/ling cod charter at the end of July 2012. The seas were a bit rough so we did appreciate the size of the boat as compared to other charters we went out on. When we got to the fishing grounds we went to the front of the boat to fish. The boat was moving back and forth so much that we kept getting caught in each other's lines. After my husband asked Nick 3 times for a heavier weight they gave us 3 lb weights. There were about 12 people in total on our charter including two of the captain or deck hand's friends, who received most of the attention. It seemed as though the group size may have been too much for the two working the boat. Tangled lines and hooks needing bait had to wait longer than one would expect. We did each catch two hailbut, and good sized ones were included. My husband caught a 60lb fish. The fish that we brought in were much larger than most of the other fish I saw being cleaned. We have been on several fishing charters over the years and I would rate this one as average, not exceptional like I was hoping for based on other reviews here. I have been out with much more attentive and personalble captains that were also able to catch large fish.

1  Thank Irene_in_MN
oceanpro907, Owner at Crackerjack Sportfishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Hi there and thanks for the review of our business. I am responding to this one in particular because I think it is important to let our clients know that we do care about the quality of our trips.

This summer, one of my long time crew had to take a few days off and we did in fact run a few trips with only one deckhand. So I can understand the comment about waiting around longer than they would have liked for bait and not getting as much personal attention as they would have liked. It was better than canceling the trip, which as the other option I had.

Windy, rough ocean conditions can make it difficult to fish comfortably on any boat and create more tangles and a more difficult trip. Sometimes our best efforts result in an average trip. We have not yet found a way to make every single trip exceptional, but we will continue to try our best to do so.
With that said, every single trip trying our very best and far more often than not the effort we put in, results in excellent fishing as was the case in this trip.
Again thanks for choosing Crackerjack, I hope you enjoy the hundred pounds of fish you ended up with at the end of the day and we hope you come back again when the weather is a little nicer.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Had a great 3/4 day of fishing on july 20th limited out on salmon really quick . whales all around bubble feeding . great sight to see for someone from the lower 48 . we fished other places on our way down the coast, this was the best by far.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

THERE IS NO BETTER! If you are planning on taking a trip to fish Alaska these are the guys to do it with. My father and I did three full day charters with Nick and Jeff from Cracker Jack. We limited on Salmon every day. My dad caught four Halibut all in the 70-90 pound range. I caught a 100 pound Halibut that I will never forget. Nick and Jeff were extremely professional and really wanted to put us on the fish, not just take us for a boat ride. I'm serious when I say you need to book with these guys!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have used Crackerjack for almost 10 years with our group of 14 experienced meat hunters. These guys are the best not only in Seward, but all of Alaska. Our advice is listen to the captain and he will get you on great fishing holes!

1  Thank wm2260