“All You Can Eat Fish & Chips”
Review of Terry's Fish & Chips - CLOSED

Terry's Fish & Chips
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I'm a big fan of this place for the sole reason that they have an all you can eat fish and chips option. I'm here in Seward for the summer, and this is one of my go-to places for fish for that very reason. Granted, it's not the nicest fish you can get, but for a pretty good price, it's all you can eat and that makes it worth it. Overall, a good place to eat if you're looking for cheaper seafood.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped at Terry's for a "Quick" Lunch before we went to the Sealife Center. We were there for almost 2 hrs. The food was just average. Not great but I have had worse. My husband got the Burger with he said was good and I got a Chicken Salad. The chicken was breaded and overcooked, but the salad was fresh otherwise. My kids got the grilled cheese which looked good. The staff was a little on the slow side. We asked for lids on the kids cups (2 kids aged 2yrs and 5) and he said he didnt want to put the one becasue it was easier for him to refill with out the lid. I personally thought it would be easier than cleaning up 3 cups of water that spilt on the floor because he didnt give us lids. He did end up giving us lids but I thought the comment was a little off putting as was the fact they only had paper cups.
I also tried to change my son in the bathroom which had no Changing table and a taped shut toliet that i asume didnt work (also had 1 other that did). There wasnt any soap in the bathroom either, I was glad I brought Hand sanatizer. I just changed my son on the bench at our table(resturant was nearly empty) becasue I didnt even want to lay him on the floor.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was a rip off. Overpriced and bad service. We ordered a 4 piece fish dinner and one of our pieces looked like a nugget. It's similar to a Long John Silver fast food place, and not as good. Disappointing given that the clerk at our hotel told us locals go there.

1  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stopped in for lunch at Terry's. The beer was great, and at $4.75 a pint, perfectly reasonably priced. The food, however - we both got the "special" of the day - the rockfish fish and chips. It was $15.99 per person, and we each got literally two pieces of fish the size of frozen fishsticks, with a pile of fries and a little dish of cole slaw. Everything tasted fine, but we just couldn't get over how little fish we got for the money. Especially since we were literally yards from the ocean!

The waiter was friendly, the place was clean and welcoming, although Terry's suffers from Sports Bar Syndrome - multiple large TV's showing multiple sports channels all at the same time. Not exactly conducive to an enjoyable conversation with meal companions. Terry's seems to be geared much more toward the cruise ship crowd.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Yes, it was pricey, but in Alaska it's all relative. The same meal across the street at one of the harborfront restaurants would cost at least 20% more. My son wanted the all you can eat fish and chips, made with rockfish, and he was not disappointed. He thought the fish was the freshest he ever tasted, with a melt in your mouth texture. My husband got the halibut fish and chips, and thought they were even better than the all you can eat variety. My daughter and I who don't care for fish, spilt a reindeer/buffalo burger. I expected to be unimpressed, as my past experiences with buffalo are that it is very dry and chewy, but that was not the case at all. The burger had an unusual texture somewhat like meatloaf but tasted much better than that. The service was ok and the ambience nothing notable. You might also try one of the local Alaskan beers--my daughter had Glacier Blonde and my son Alaska Amber, and they both liked them very much, very smooth mellow flavor.