Alaska Saltwater Lodge
BestWestern.com
Sauerdough Lodging(Seward)(Great Value!)
$175
$139
Harbor 360 Hotel(Seward)(Great Value!)
$289
$175
All reviewslowell pointhuge deckboat tripgravel roadsea lifefull kitchenjimeaglesbayglaciercottage
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Alaska Saltwater Lodge during our trip in June. Seward was drizzly (to be expected) but the Saltwater Lodge was a great reprieve from the weather. Our room overlooked the water, where we watched the otters place and saw a few whales. The room was clean with a small kitchen and living room area. The staff was very nice and friendly. The morning breakfast was simple, fruit, oatmeal, juice & coffee but adequate. It was nice to be away from the city, but it was a rough road to get to the Saltwater Lodge.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We drove to Seward from Anchorage and once we got to Seward and had to go on this one lane road out the other side of town, my family was not sure what I got them into. Once we got to the Lodge, I knocked on the managers door and he said that the key was in the lock for the cabin. Which being from the lower 48 states was weird that they just leave the key in the door. The cabin was across the street from the main lodge, but it was very large; almost too much room for just 4 people and it was very clean. We traveled through Alaska for 2 weeks and this was one of our favorite places. We raided the gift shop. They had some very nice items and reasonably priced. The owner was a master quilter and my step mother is also a quilter so the owner talked to my step mother about how they quilt in Alaska and the best shops to go to in Alaska for quilting. I believe my step mother could have spent the rest of the trip in Seward just talking to the owner. Even though the cabin was across from the main Lodge, you felt you were in the country because it was sit in the woods. The cabin did not have a TV, which my 17 year old niece about lost it when she found that out, but after the first night, she did not miss it. There was so much to see and do in Seward that she did not miss it for the next 2 nights. I would highly recommend staying here. Just don't let the location throw you off. It is only about 5 minutes back to main street Seward, but being next to the water and woods is worth it.

2  Thank redhead1009
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Alaska Salt Water Lodge is fantastic! It is very clean and inviting, which I appreciated. The lodge is situated right on the beach and close to the water, with beautiful views! The staff was wonderful and very helpful in figuring out fun things to do around Seward. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank haynezz
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We totally and completely LOVED our stay at Saltwater Lodge. I wish we could have stayed for another week. The accommodations were perfect, plenty of room in our suites for the entire family to feel comfortable and relaxed. The staff was fantastic, always friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the mornings got our day off to a great start and sunny smile from Lexi. My oldest wants to go back and work there next summer. We just want to go back!!! Kathleen, I can't thank you enough for making our family vacation a truly memorable one!

Room Tip: If you've got a large family, choose the up and down suites (A/B/C and D/E).
1  Thank Mom1runner
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was our second time staying at the Lodge and I hope not the last! I would definitely return to this jewel of a spot on Resurrection Bay. It's convenient to Seward but far enough away that you have plenty of privacy with quick access to an amazing beach and spectacular view. The Lowell Point unpaved road slows your driving pace (a good thing) and is super for walking or jogging. The staff is very accommodating and on our last morning we chatted over a deliciously healthy breakfast with one of the owner's and a guest for nearly an hour about many things Alaska and Seward.

Sure, there's no television, or turn down service, but that can be for other trips! The fridge and microwave came in quite handy and plenty of clean towels and linens were provided up front.

Room Tip: Try to get a water view if you can! It's fantastic!