A Swan Nest Inn
Marina Motel(Seward)
$69
Sauerdough Lodging(Seward)(Great Value!)
$140
Harbor 360 Hotel(Seward)(Great Value!)
$139
Taroka Inn(Seward)
$135
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsb bhome cooked breakfastcheck in was easyressurection bayoff the beaten pathloftshostdowntownalaskacruiselodging
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am glad that lots of people who have stayed at A Swan Nest Inn liked it so much. To us, it was just OK. I would characterize the Inn as a hostel for 20 somethings or for aging hippies. The outside of the hotel, the office, the TV room, etc. are pretty funky. The rooms are better, but the room that we were in was pretty small, poorly lit and had no TV. The wireless was also pretty weak. As I said, this place is just OK.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Swan's Nest with another couple and were fortunate to be there over the 4th of July. Nick was a fantastic host, very knowledgeable about the local events and attractions. Accommodations were prefect, just a little rustic and extremely well done. As part of our time in Seward, we climbed Marathon Mountain just outside of town. It was a difficult but wonderfully rewarding climb. If doing it again, I would ask Nick to provide a guide for the climb. The breakfast was very nice with wonderful home made breads. Would not change a thing about the place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed for one night, the room was great, loved the decor. The communal dining area was great place to sit & read or catch up with other travellers. We met and spent a few hours talking to a lovely couple from the US. Nick the host was brilliant, he explained everything, made you feel very comfortable and was willing to assist us with our future plans. The home made blueberry bread in the morning was delicious. We tried to book for another two nights but unfortunately they were booked out. Good location, downtown and only 10 mins walk to the harbour area. The only negative is that you can hear others walking around and showering so not the quietest place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This looks like an old office type building. You walk up the outside of the building to the second floor where the rooms are located. I shared a room with a friend - she slept down stairs in the double bed and I slept in the loft which had 2 twin beds on the floor. There was enough room to sit up but not stand. The loft was accessed by a wooden ladder flat against the wall. The room had a small bathroom and a sink in the main room. It was nicely decorated. I spent most of my time reading in the lounge area. There is free coffee/tea/hot chocolate and cider. There is also a large fridge you can use. Breakfast in the morning was home baked bread and fruit- both were quite tasty. You can also pay for a home cooked breakfast.

The inn is right across the street from the new library. A very short walk down to the water and a short walk in the opposite direction to the shops & restaurants.

We took the train from Anchorage to Steward which arrives at the harbor area- a good 20+ min walk away. A better choice for us (with our luggage) was to take the FREE Steward Shuttle (a large school bus) to 4th St and it was just a 2 teeny block walk to the B&B. At the end of our stay to get back to the harbor to catch the bus to Anchorage we took the Phoenix Taxi- it's a taxi covered with gold ducks (yup that's correct gold ducks) for just $5- what a HOOT!

I was alittle confused at my bus options back to Anchorage so I called ahead and they made all the arrangements for us to take the train and bus- all I had to do was show up!

The man at the front (sorry can't for the life of me recall his name) had some great restaurant suggestions for us.

All in all a very nice stay- really wish we'd stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at the Swan Nest Inn for two nights in May 2013. The room had a double bed and a loft with two single mattresses. The rooms weren't large, but the space was well used and the communal lounge and TV room were really comfy. The kitchen was communal but we were welcomed to use it. The entire inn was clean, comfortable and homely.

The staff were welcoming and extremely helpful. If you needed ideas on what to do or needed help booking things they would look after you. Breakfast was delicious (both the included breakfast and the $5 hot breakfast).

Ear plugs were complimentary and there are hair dryers for you to use. Wifi was easy to connect to and I didn't have any problems with it. The entire inn was always kept a comfortable temperature.

Initially I was discouraged by the exterior, but inside was just so lovely it didn't matter once I'd seen the interior once. There is car parking available for you, and it's located close enough to everything that you can walk everywhere downtown.

I highly recommend the Swan Nest Inn in Seward.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family