“Average”

Resurrection Roadhouse
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Seward
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Resurrection Roadhouse Restaurant is a full service restaurant and is part of The Seward Windsong Lodge. Our restaurant offers great views of the Resurrection River and the 4000ft Mt Benson. We are open for Breakfast(6am-11am),Lunch(11am-2pm) and Dinner(5pm-10),and bar service from 4pm-12am. Our Executive Chef offers a very creative menu that focus's on Alaska Seafood, and the likes to make a the majority of the items on the menu from scratch.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Most of the starters have crumbs,do not know why,spoils the food and is not very tasty.Steak to big and pricy,perhaps they should have two sizes,ie.200 grams and 500 grams as options.

Service no to great,on the second visit ,had to wait for 10 min before someone offered me drink and in this period,several of the personnel walk pass my table.

Heinrich

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband, two teenagers, and I ate at the Resurrection Roadhouse for dinner our third night in Seward. My husband had the ribeye with mash potatoes, and asparagus. My son and daughter ordered bison burgers with fries. I ordered the Halibut picata with extra asparagus instead of the polenta because I don't eat carbs. When I placed my order with the waitress, it didn't seem to be a problem. Yet, when we all received our dishes, I only had four pieces of asparagus compared to my husband's dish which had six pieces of asparagus in addition to the mash potatoes. When I mentioned this to one of the serving girls, she simply stated that she didn't put the servings on the plate and did nothing to assuage my dissatisfaction. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with the miserly serving of asparagus for a dish costing $33 and the lack of customer service. I debated whether to give this restaurant a "3" rating because of this, but gave it a "4" because my family really like the oven baked rolls and my teenagers declared the Bison Burgers to be the best they ever had.

RRAssistantGM, Manager at Resurrection Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Kialuagal,
Thank you for your posting and giving us 4 stars, even through we mishandled you entree.You have every right to be disapointed.Considering you opted to not have the polenta and was expecting extra aspargas,I understand your disapoinment.For this i am truly sorry.What I am really concerned with is that you told this to another server and nothing was done about it.That is not the service we are known for.We will be sharing your comments with our staff at our pre shift meeting.
It was great to hear your teenagers loved the bison burgers.
If you have any other comments you can contact me at lperoni@ciri.com or 907-224-7116 ex 2163.
Thank you.
Luke J Peroni Assistant General Manager Seward Windsong Lodge

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We ate here during our 3 day stay in Seward (4 adults)...the bacon-wrapped dates were fantastic, but the main courses were very average...just was nothing special at all.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Was here as a part of a tour. The restaurant was empty at about 11.30 AM but the patron insisted on seating our group of 15 together st two tables at the center-and we we were made to eat with strangers, while the rest of the place was empty. The servers also went down to lower the shades on the windows to shut out our view of the wonderful surroundings.
Was the food good? I think so. The service left a bad taste in our mouth.
The next week we stayed at the Windsong for 2 days but we never came back. Go to Ray's or Chinooks'-the service is fabulous and the food is fantastic too.

Dear Zionman,
Thank you for your posting.I was very sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. I see that you said you were with a tour group.These groups ask us to seat all of there guests togeather at one or two tables.I am sorry that we were not able to seat you seperate from your group.
On the servers lowering the shades,they were donig this to try to keep the room cool from the sun.Did you ask them to raise them back up to see the view.? It sounds like there may have been other service issues.I would like to have more information so I can share it with our staff.We read every posting from Trip Advisor to our staff at our pre meal meetings.You can contact me at lperoni@ciri.com or 907-224-7166 ex 2263.
Thank you again for your comments.I look forward to speaking with you.
Luke J Peroni Assistant General Manager Seward Windsong Lodge.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Resurrection Roadhouse is situated on the picturesque Resurrection River as it flows down into Resurrection Bay near Seward. It's surrounded by thousands of pink fireweed lining the majestic mountains. The decor is quaint but the food is awesome. Of course, the Alaskan King Crab and Salmon are the stars but the salds , soup and breads were also excellent!!!!!