“Need to work out a few kinks”

Resurrection Roadhouse
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Seward
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Resurrection Roadhouse Restaurant is a full service restaurant and is part of The Seward Windsong Lodge. Our restaurant offers great views of the Resurrection River and the 4000ft Mt Benson. We are open for Breakfast(6am-11am),Lunch(11am-2pm) and Dinner(5pm-10),and bar service from 4pm-12am. Our Executive Chef offers a very creative menu that focus's on Alaska Seafood, and the likes to make a the majority of the items on the menu from scratch.
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Our group of 7 went to the roadhouse on a beautiful sunny day. We sat outside and ordered food and drinks. We received our drinks promptly and we proceeded to enjoy the sun and wait for our food. About 15 mins later our server came to us to inform us that we had 'thrown them off' and that we would not be getting food until after 5 (almost and hour away). I understand food service times however there isnt clear signage on the front stating there isnt food service until 5, the hostess we smiled and briefly chatted with said nothing, our server said nothing when we were sat with menus and ordered food. It wasnt until we had already been settled in and kids anxiously awaiting food. We ended up staying and the burgers we ordered were delicious and our server was apologetic.
A suggestiob would be- to offer a bar menu that would be available whenever the bar is open? I can't imagine that it would put too much strain on the kitchen an hour before dinner.

1  Thank Josyta
RRAssistantGM, Manager at Resurrection Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Greetings Josyta.
Thank you for your review of our Restaurant! I want to apologize for our mix up on informing you of when food service started.The host and server should have informed you right away that the food service started at 5pm(our bar opens at 4pm).There is a small sign at the main entrance of the restaurant with our hours of operation.But it can be easily missed.We will review this with our staff tonight.I will also look into the idea of haveing something between 4-5pm. I was glad to hear the burgers were delicious.Thank you for coming to see us and we hope to serve you again.
Cheers.
Luke Peroni Assistant GM Seward Windsong Lodge.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had dinner one evening and breakfast the next morning. We were not very hungry at dinner and I had salad and my husband had soup. TheIt wasd very, very good. The next morning we ordered a full breakfast and it was delicious! Big slices of ham, eggs, cooked to order, hash browns, with homemade ketchup and toast. The service was excellant!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went here for our anniversary dinner by suggestion from some locals. The place was overly decorated for the upper crust, I guess. Not Alaska homey style at all. Service was good but not excellent. Food was the same good but not excellent. Price was up there, even for Seward. I expected to pay a preimum but not the gold standard preimum. Not worth the money.

2  Thank MichiganMadmoose
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Salmon dinner was some of the best I have tasted. I loved the creative salads the chef conjured up.

1  Thank Wayne P
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Our waiter was very helpful, and the food was good. We were one of two couples in the dining area. The music was way too loud, & was cheesy jazz. The table next to us was way too close, and the hostess tried THREE times to seat people there. Each time, the customers asked for more privacy (because the rest of the restaurant was empty!). We were laughing by the third time because the hostess was not getting the hint. I would have been looking at the back of a stranger's head, & could have asked them to pass the salt. For the price of the food, this place needs some character & common sense.

2  Thank hjordislakota
RRAssistantGM, Manager at Resurrection Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Hjordislatota.
Thank you for your review of our restaurant.Your insight on the music and the lack of common sense of our hostess is helpful.We take these reviews very seriously,and go over these with our staff at there pre shift meetings.This type of imformation is very helpful in our training.I apologize for the lack of common sense.There is nothing worse then having the music too loud and the hostess trying to seat guests right on top of you.
thank you agin for your helpful comments.
Luke Peroni,Assistant General Manager,Seward Windsong Lodge.