“Skip breakfast”

Resurrection Roadhouse
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in Seward
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Resurrection Roadhouse Restaurant is a full service restaurant and is part of The Seward Windsong Lodge. Our restaurant offers great views of the Resurrection River and the 4000ft Mt Benson. We are open for Breakfast(6am-11am),Lunch(11am-2pm) and Dinner(5pm-10),and bar service from 4pm-12am. Our Executive Chef offers a very creative menu that focus's on Alaska Seafood, and the likes to make a the majority of the items on the menu from scratch.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Skip breakfast”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I had four "experiences" at the Roadhouse durning our three night stay at the related Seward Windsong Lodge. They went downhill. My four star rating is sort of an average. The first night we had drinks on the deck, which looks out across the road in front of the building to the river and mountains. The weather was beautiful ("Chamber of Commerce"-like, if you get what I mean) and the service friendly and earnest. Five stars. Later that night we had dinner in the dining room. We each had a $15 salmon nicoise salad, which were four to five stars. Good value. The dining room is nothing special, but hey, it's a "lodge," and you're in Alaska. Then we had a couple of breakfasts. The menues offer nothing but expensive heavy stuff, or expensive nothing stuff, and none of it very good. I'd give the breakfasts one to two stars. (The third morning we went to the nearby "Le Barn Appetit" for crepes for breakfast - much better choice. See separate review.)

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Roycal
RRAssistantGM, Manager at Resurrection Roadhouse, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Roycal.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review our restaurant.I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your time on the deck and your dinner in the dining room.I was disapointed to see that you did not like our breakfast menu selctions,and thought the menu was heavy and expensive.I have paased on these concerns to our Exective Chef Erik Slater.When we start revising our 2013 menu we will keep this in mind.If you have some suggestions for items on the lighter side we would like to hear them.You can contact me at lperoni@ciri.com.
thank you agin for your input.
Luke Peroni,Assistant General Manager,Seward Windsong Lodge.

Houston
“Hearty Food.”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Ate here for dinner and breakfast on out tour while staying at the Seward Windsong Lodge. Good food and value.

Visited July 2012
Northern Virginia
“Nice Views. Good Food”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ate here after a days hiking, and the food was outstanding. We had soup and grilled cheese which hit the spot after hiking in the drizzle rain all morning. Would recommend this place in a heartbeat.

Visited August 2012
“Amazing view, staff is hilarious an personable.”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Delicious good food every time I go there. Desserts made in house is a big deal with me and I am thoroughly happy every time I leave there. Kudos to the pastry chef. Head chef Eric slater has made an amazing and delicious menu that makes it extremely difficult to choose what to order most of the time. Their specials are a sure fire hidden gem

Nipomo, California
“Excellent quality, High Prices”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is the place for Alaskan quality Halibut and Salmon with New York Prices!
Well-prepared, bur good fish is expensive.

• Visited August 2012