Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay, LLC
Hotel Seward(Seward)(Great Value!)
$159
$154
$159
Exit Glacier Lodge(Seward)(Great Value!)
$139
$108
$265
BestWestern.com
$309
Sauerdough Lodging(Seward)(Great Value!)
$175
Sea Treasures Inn(Seward)(Great Value!)
$130
Orbitz.com
$140
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
Nauti Otter(Seward)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
All reviewslowell pointsea ottersresurrection bayrubber bootsin townfishing polescozy cabinview roomalaska saltwaterfire pitice chesttonsina pointcomfortable bedcoffee makera wonderful place to stayspent nightsexit glacier
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Had a wonderful stay! These cozy cabins are thoughtfully designed to have everything guests might want or need. Very tranquil with million dollar views. Enjoyed grilling fresh salmon on the deck each evening! Paul and Lynda are responsive and gracious hosts. Felt very welcome!! Seward is a great city with tons of fun things to do. The best accomodations we had on our 2 week trip!!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I liked this place and would return. Absolutely clean, quiet, great views, and great place to relax. I was concerned about the road and undecided after reading Internet reviews. I decided to chance it. Is 1-2 miles from "downtown Seward." The road DOES SUCK, BUT, it is worth it. Pot holes disturbed the rental car and my wife, but, I thought it is worth it. If you are traveling with a stuck-up city-lover this will sort out your relationship. Ange'ls Rest is in the bush, IT IS ALASKA, and good pavement is overrated.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
AngelsRest, Manager at Angels Rest on Resurrection Bay, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2009

The road from town is a gravel road that is "normally" well maintained. In July of 2009 however, we had 3 weeks of very unseasonal, unending, torrential rain, which makes the maintenance of a road such as this, almost impossible. The local road crews do the best they can; but as this traveler points out, this IS the TRUE ALASKA! BTW, You'll probably see some marine wildlife like otters, whales, sea lions, harbor seals, eagles, etc. as you make the journey from and to town. :)

Reviewed August 2, 2009

This was our third (but not last) visit to Angel's Rest in Seward. Staying in Wing Cabin or the Gate House enhanced our enjoyment of the area. From your warm flannel sheets or sitting by a campfire you are part of the beauty that surrounds you. The bay with its daily show of mountains, otters, eagles, harlequin ducks, sunsets and the occasional humpback continues to amaze us. The cabins include all you need to settle in comfortably and enjoy. When we had a personal need the owners were quick to respond and provide the help and instruction that only a local could provide. I would definitely recommend these cabins (unless it was the week we want to return!)

Reviewed August 2, 2009

We visited Seward July 6-9, 2009. We flew into Anchorge, took the train (Goldstar was worth it) then rented a car. On the ride out to Lowell Point we saw an otter and eagles. Our cabin was perfect for the 4 of us, roomy, small kitchen,beautiful view of the bay. We could lay in bed and watch the boats go by. Lynda did a great job of arranging our activities.
We kayaked the bay in the am(Kayak Adventures). We took a marine tour(Saltwater Tours with Captain Stan) to Northwest Passage and saw 15 or more humpbacks, lots of seals, otters, puffins,sea lions, eagles and hardly any other boats. On our way in we caught 14 silver salmon. It was a wonderful day. We hiked up Exit Glacier (Exit Glacier Guides) with Ryan and Cody. This is a very strenuous hike, about 2 hours up 1400 feet,
1 hour actually on the glacier (pretty scary but beautiful) then 2 hours down. I am a 51 year old woman, not in great shape but I did it!!! And I am so glad I did. We loved our stay at Angels Rest. Next time I would look into their cabins right on the beach with outdoor seating.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Angels Rest was a lovely place to stay. The kitchenette was perfect to keep snacks and make coffee and a light breakfast. There was a small TV and a basket of Alaska videos, we watched a couple the night we got in and it got us excited for the days to come. I would highly recommend it to other couples. The views were amazing and the information provided by Linda was very helpful. We took her little detailed map everywhere and left our Alaska book in the room. If I come back to Seward I would stay here again.