“One of the Most popular restaurants in Seward”
Review of Ray's Waterfront

Ray's Waterfront
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
san francisco
“One of the Most popular restaurants in Seward”
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We had lunch at Ray's before our cruise and many locals recommended it. It is right on the Harbor where all the fishing charters leave from. I had the Seafood Salad which was excellent and my wife had the seafood linguini. She said her food lacked flavor so the only reason I am not giving them 5 stars. The prices for lunch were very good for the type of food and atmosphere they provide. You can walk out back to the harbor where they bring in all the fish catches for the day. We saw a 45 lb cod which was cool. Check it out.

1 Thank alwaystravelsf

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The happening place in Seward”
Reviewed August 9, 2009

On a solo vacation trip to Seward, I ate at Ray's two times. Both times in the bar -- much faster to be seated (and because the hostess reaction seemed to be that I would NEVER be seated at a regular table in the main dining room as a solo diner).

The restaurant and bar were very very crowded and with good reason. The food was outstanding. Enjoyed Thai noodle scallop entree on evening and seafood appetizers the other evening. Enjoyed by-the-glass pinot grigio that was fantastic at a surprisingly good price. The bar/waitstaff was very friendly and very helpful.

Upside of Rays is that the food, service and views are great. A bit on the spendy side but would recommend that people try to budget at least one meal at Rays during their stay in Seward.

1 Thank wawasag
Louisiana
“Good food- but not the best of the trip”
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We ate here because it's a very popular harbor side restaurant. The location was nice... overlooking all of the boats. Not my favorite type of view but I can see how it's appealing. The food was good. We had the king crab dip, steak and king crab, and blackened cesar salad. The crab dip was a bit salty but good. Steak was excellent, as were the mashed potato and carrots that came with it. The king crab was good but I still find it unbelievable that the prices for crab are so high. Ray's boasts that you can add 1/2 a pound of crab to any entree for only $8 but they charge $29 for a full pound. While I wanted only king crab- I couldn't quite bring myself to paying that much for a pound of crab. I know the legs are hefty but it's kind of shocking when a half a pound equates to only one or two legs.

The service was some of the best in town. Our waitress was incredibly professional and prompt. The food came out very quickly.

1 Thank hollybr
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great harbor view!”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My wife and I decided to have dinner at Ray's Waterfront our last night in Seward since they were having a crab special. The food was okay to good, but far from great. I really didn't like the overly thick breading on the fried scallops and shrimp. The prices were a couple bucks higher than typical for the area and the service was mediocre at best. Our table did have a great view of the harbor and that added to the atmosphere and made the dinner a little nicer than it really was. There is a decent-sized parking lot right in front of the restaurant, so parking is easy. Overall Ray's Waterfront wasn't terrible, but there are definitely better places to eat in Seward so I would recommend trying someplace else before settling on eating here...

Arizona
“Poorest food on our trip”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We arrived in July of this year to watch the Mt. Marathon race and needed to find a good seafood meal. Ray's was suggested by a local fellow so we went. Bad Mistake. We waited and waited for the server to take our order, then we waited and waited for cold tough seafood.

We complained about the food and the server told us that they were busy so if we wanted hot food it would take a while.

Not the best on service, food was poor,

2 Thank aztraveler4

Been to Ray's Waterfront? Share your experiences!