“Very Good Food, A Little Pricey”
Review of Ray's Waterfront

Ray's Waterfront
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were in Seward as part of our Land / Cruise Tour of Alaska. We were told that Ray's Waterfront Restaurant was the place to eat some really good & fresh seafood.

We were a party of 6 & were seated within 10 - 15 minutes of arriving. The service was very good & there was a nice view of the water. Everything that we ordered was delicious. We did have our 2 daughters (13 & 12) with us & we all ordered off of the regular menu, which is quite pricey for the area & the quantity of food received. I really enjoyed the Seafood Chowder & everyone else enjoyed what they ordered.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Having been to Seward many times, I decided to try Ray's. I selected a Halibut dish which was hard at the ends, dry in the middle and flavorless which I paid $33.00 for. Personally I have caught Halibut and cooked various ways that has been moist and flaky. Obviously, the chef has no idea how to cook Halibut appropriately. The bartender heard my comments about the fish and went to the manager. I was offered a dessert. A meager offering for such a poor meal. Needless to say, I will not be back again. On the positive side, the wait staff was excellent, friendly and attentive.

4  Thank lsorensen
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We lunched at Ray's Waterfront. The food was good, and the view of the harbor was great! It was close to our hotel so we could walk. Everyone was very friendly. My favorite was the sweet potato fries.

Dinner gets crowded, so you want to get there early or later.

1  Thank Glenda A
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Plan to wait for a table, with or without view. Even the tables in the non-smoking bar are full on a summer evening. We ate dinner one night and returned the next night, with neither table location being anything great. But both the food and service were outstanding both times. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stopped for a light lunch. I had soup,very good the rest had salads. The waitress seemed a little miffed that that was all we were ordering. It was ok

3  Thank luvtafish