“Excellent seafood”
Review of Ray's Waterfront

Ray's Waterfront
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great atmosphere right on the docks. The seafood chowder was perfect on a chilly, rainy day and the fish and chips was fresh and tasty. A little pricey, but hey, it's Alaska.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,530)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

For those who have visited Seward, AK, you would be aware that there did not appear to be many good dining choices (besides fast food). Ray's was one of several which seemed acceptable and was selected because they took reservations during a time when we expected hoards of tourists to be getting off the cruise ship(s) and boat excursions. We were not disappointed. A nice table on the window provided nice views of the harbor and beyond, our server was Caitlin was delightful and the food was a bit pricey but very tasty. We both opted for their Planked Salmon. If we ever decide to return to picturesque Seward, then we'd be pleased to try Ray's again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Relaxed feel to the place and catered for everyone. We had a great week in May in Seward and sampled several of the food spots including this and the neighbouring Chinooks. Both of them face over the harbour and provide good food and atmosphere but I think we preferred Ray's after sampling both.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The food is excellent, the service is great & it's right on the water! Not much more to ask for. We were a large group & didn't have any trouble getting a table.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in Seward at the end of September 2013 for three days. Ray's was recommended to use by the lady at the front desk, among other restaurants as well. It was our second day so we decided to give it a try.
The drinks were on the small and expensive side with not as many liquor and beer selections as others we had tried in town. I believe they have more emphasis on wine. We were happy to see that king crab was 1/2 price with the order of an entree. That was a nice perk, as crab is the thing to eat when in Alaska!

My boyfriend had the ribs that were on special- there were only four, but being spare ribs there was quite a bit of meat and the seasoning and sauce were tasty. The cilantro lime rice and broccoli that accompanied both our meals was also good.

I ordered the "captain's platter" (or something of that nature). It consisted of portions of rockfish, scallops and shrimp, all panko or beer battered. I'm not one to order fried food but I thought it might be a good way to sample a few different types of seafood. Wrong. The shrimp and rockfish seemed overcooked and chewy. Scallops were good but encased in too much batter and grease. There were only three pieces of each and the entree cost $29. It was partly my fault for ordering something that I wouldn't normally, but after using only my thumb and forefinger to eat with, my napkin was completely soaked through with grease. Good thing I had whiskey to offset it.

The view was great but didn't justify the bill. I hate leaving bad reviews but would recommend going next door.

1  Thank ilceqd2013