“Beautiful View, Delicious Food”
Review of Ray's Waterfront

Ray's Waterfront
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Elgin, Texas
“Beautiful View, Delicious Food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us, and what a great recommendation it was. We were seated next to the windows and had a wonderful view. As we were boarding the boat a day earlier, I had watched someone prune the flowers in the window boxes at Ray's so I know it is well maintained. Very good waiter, and the food came out at just the right temperature and tasted delicious. The salmon was yummy. We were glad we stopped here.

League City, Texas
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Ray's was such a surprise! Very interesting menu with lots of choices. Emphasis was on seafood, of course, but it was not your standard fare. Service was excellent, attentive, but not hovering. Very nice selections of wine, as well. It was our favorite of all the restaurants in Seward.

Visited July 2013
maryland
“Not bad, not great”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I'm discovering quickly that any bite of food you put in your mouth in this town is worth its weight in gold, so it stands to reason this restaurant is completely overpriced. I had a small lunch portion of halibut and paid $30. The food is fine but absolutely nothing to get excited about. My steamed broccoli was undercooked which wasn't terrific and the coleslaw hardly had any dressing. I do not like it drenched in mayo and I'm always trying to keep dishes on the low cal side, but even I thought the slaw was closer to shredded raw cabbage vs. slaw. My husband got the fish and chips and never have I seen such tiny pieces of battered fish. I almost had to borrow the Hubble telescope just to find it on his plate (which was overflowing with fries) I won't come here again. I left underwhelmed, a smidge hungry, and $70 poorer.

2 Thank marylanddweller
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed!!!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Tourists to seward and wanted to try the local seafood! I ordered a half pound of crab and receive half of a leg. We also ordered a salmon Caesar salad. The waitress forgot the salmon on the order! We also ordered popcorn chicken and that was also forgotten! She put the order in once we asked her about the missing food and that took forever so the waitress asked if we would still like our food. We opted out due to the fact that we were tired of waiting there and asked for the check. She then brings the food ten minutes later and he chicken was burnt! She finally brought the check and we were charged for everything!!!! No compensation for the mistake!

1 Thank Kayce1590
Victoria MN USA
“Great Seafood in Seward...”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The location is right on the water front in the harbor. The seafood was very fresh and excellent. The place gets quite busy with tours and "cruisers", but the service was very good for the number of people that were in the restaurant. Try any of the fresh seafood, it is all great!

Visited July 2013

Been to Ray's Waterfront? Share your experiences!