Open today: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great trip!

It was our first time in Alaska and our first time fishing with a charter! We had two people in our... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Destiny G
via mobile
Halibut Fishing

Went to J-Dock for 2 days halibut, rockfish, ling cod and salmon fishing. The weather was... read more

Reviewed August 24, 2018
tb7855
Houston

All reviews alaska lodge yellow eye rock fish ling cod sport fishing fishing trip these guys catch fish fish processing salmon wonderful fishing flash frozen big fish big ones fish home office staff filet
Reviewed August 15, 2018

This was a half day (depart 6am, return 1pm) salmon fishing trip out of Seward on the 'Predator'. Nice, modern boat (navigational touch screens) and a captain who appeared to be pretty experienced. We did "okay" on the fishing (and I give the captain credit for moving us around to find fish in a season which most locals describe as 'bad'.) The deckhands were also quite attentive to fishing needs (re-baiting hooks etc.) However! All three guys constantly spat tobacco juice which, personally, I found revolting (my fishing group agrees.)There was no attempt at any tuition beyond an initial (very confusing) oral briefing. And, biggest sin, there was no effort made to allow us to have fun and take pictures with our 'trophies', all of the fish were filleted on the return journey without discussion. The crew seemed more interested in getting us off the boat so the next group could get on. These guys are clearly competent, if they get some customer service training they could do a lot better.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

I reserved the 1 day we had available to fish on our vacation 6 months in advance and it couldn't have worked out better. My wife and I did the 12 hour trip and she is not a regular fisherperson but our guides, Butters and Garrett, made sure both of us, especially my wife, were comfortable and enjoying the trip all day. They knew right where to go for us to catch halibut, lingcod, salmon and other fish. It was a great time and we were super happy with our day. Both my wife and I caught 65lb halibut! It was a great time and our first fishing trip in Alaska! Highly recommend Jdock.

1  Thank SluggoND
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Captain Butter’s and first mate Garret planned and delivered on a combo fishing trip of a lifetime. The 34 foot boat was very adequate to take us out 2.5 hours to the fishing grounds. We were able to limit out on two types of rockfish, lingcod, halibut and even caught a Salmon.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

We went fishing with J-Dock July 2018 for a combo Halibut, Salmon full day trip. Had Capt. Will on the Predator and can't say enough about how hard they try to make things be a success. Took 2 sons and 1 grandson for their first saltwater fishing charter and we weren't disappointed. We were one of the first boats out of the harbor and the last back to give us every chance to fill all our fish limits. Had 12 people on board with all different fishing skills, and they spent the time with each to help them succeed in their fishing. The attitude and skill they had, made for a great day and memories for years to come which is all you can hope for. for a once in a lifetime experience with kids and grand kids. Thank you Capt. Will, crew, and J-Dock, Also all the gals in the office that did such a great job making it all happen!

Skip Rice

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Had a great time with Pat the captain and Kyle the first mate. Limited out on salmon 2 days in a row. Despite rough seas and pouring rain we caught fish when all the other boats were struggling. I hope to go back in 2 years and I hope that I can go with them again.