“Soup...fantastic! Service...disappointing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Seward Brewing Company
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Seward Alaska's only Brewhouse and Restaurant in the heart of downtown.
Washington
“Soup...fantastic! Service...disappointing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We came for a late lunch today and ordered the crab corn chowder to start with. Oh my word, it was so good! It had a creamy, roasted corn flavor with chunks of crab meat and served with a slice of pretzel bread for dunking.

We also had the reindeer hot dogs that were served on a pretzel roll. I liked the dog but I felt that the roll was overcooked so it really wasn't soft but hard and crunchy.

The homemade chips were very good and were not at all greasy.

However, the service was extremely disappointing! Our waitress delivered our food but never came back to check on us. We tried no less than 6 times to get her attention but all tries failed. Needless to say I mentioned it as we left because I think it is very important to tell when service is good and bad.

Erik S, Owner at Seward Brewing Company, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. As the new owners of the SBC we find it very helpful to go over our reviews and share them with the staff. We appreciate the feedback on the service and food and have addressed the service complaint. We have also let the kitchen know how much you enjoyed everything and are taking note of the bun critique.

Many Thanks

Erik Slater
Owner
Seward Brewing Company

Old Town, Maine
“Good Beer and Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had lunch at the Seward Brewing Company and enjoyed both the beer and the food. One thing that surprised us was that we were charged $2.33 for a tasting of one beer. That has never happened to us before in a restaurant. Usually servers are happy to give you a free sample so that you don't end up with a full glass of something you don't like. We both liked the ale that we ordered and proceeded to order lunch. I had a reindeer hot dog on a pretzel bun with cole slaw and homemade potato chips. It was all very good, but the bun was way too much for me. The chips were wonderful. My husband had rockfish tacos with the fish fried. He thought that the fish was slightly overdone and it had lots of cabbage, onions and fried carrot. The latter was quite tasty, but the tacos were awkward to eat as they kept falling apart.

• Visited May 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
“Awesome food in the heart of Seward”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was stoked when I heard that the Brewery was coming out with a new menu. I went by myself on a Friday night and was seated at a high boy table. The server was on top of it right away, despite being busy.
I wanted a little bit of everything but settled on the salmon poke for a starter, then the salted watermelon salad, then the lamb mac daddy finished up with the chocolate salty balls. The salmon in the poke was fresh and the homemade sauce and wontons were perfect. The watermelon salad was great and the saltiness really brought out the sweet in the melon, something not always found in AK. The lamb mac daddy was ridiculous in a good way--huge portion and very very filling. I only ate half and killed the rest the next day right from the fridge. I enjoyed eating the chocolate salty balls almost as much as I enjoyed ordering them out loud. Happy happy all around.
My only warning with the place is that some of the portions may seem a bit smaller than normal, but flavor definitely blows that argument out of the water and, seriously, we could all probably eat a little less when we go out for dinner.
Will go back, am going back. Awesome job to the new owners!

Visited May 2014
“Perfect spot - touring Seward”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Great food- yum pretzel roll, reindeer hot dog! Fab beer! Delightful staff (Keeli). After visiting Marine Sea Life Center (which was great) I wondered to a few spots looking for the right place. Seward Brewing co playing Talking Heads, Elvis Costello, etc with cool sculpture and photography , polished cement bar was perfect. Also 2 minutes from the shuttle to hotels, etc.

Alaska, United States
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Day trip to Seward on a sunny day and we have found our new favorite restaurant. I had the fish tacos, daughter had the bangers and her boy friend had the burger. Everything was exceptional!