“Amazing brew pub in Seward”

Seward Brewing Company
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Seward
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Seward Alaska's only Brewhouse and Restaurant in the heart of downtown.
Saratoga
“Amazing brew pub in Seward”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The BEST brew pub in Alaska!! The wait staff was amazing, good food and delicious beer!! Sandy and Dana especially made our experience awesome - even the other patrons were a lot of fun. Felt like one big happy family!! The 7 of us didn't want to leave! A gold mine in Seward - highly recommend it!

• Visited August 2012

Salt Springs, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

SBC is awesome!!! My girlfriend and I were in Seward for an entire day due to our ship having to arrive in port a day early because of weather. Long story made short is that we spent the entire day in SBC and didn't want to leave. The food and brews were awesome and the staff and patrons made it the best place we visited in Alaska. We have visited micro breweries around the US and have never been treated so well or found and atmosphere this great anywhere else. Thank you Sandy and SBC staff for making our unexpected port day the best day we had in AK, I wish I could stop in more often for Halibut and pint of White.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank GrouperTrooper
Seattle, Washington
“Not the quality expected from Alaskan Brews”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It could have been that I went when it first opened up, but I was not impressed.

The food was expensive and really not worth it. I decided to get hot wings and they okay, nothing special. But way overpriced for wings.

The beer was nothing special. I tasted the IPA and their version of a white(wit). The IPA had absolutely no aroma. It was just all hops taste and no other subtle flavors. The white was solid but again nothing special compared to what else is available out there. It tasted almost exactly like an Alaskan White. So if you have to give them credit if they can make something taste like what is already out there.

Overall it was not worth the drive from Seward to Anchorage for. But there are a lot more other reasons to drive to Seward.
I do believe they have a lot of potential. I'll give them another chance and taste them at the "Beer and Barley wine Festival"

• Visited August 2012
“Home away from home”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great food, great beer, and great atmosphere. I wandered into the brewery on its opening night, and was so impressed with the food that I returned another night for dinner. The wait staff was fantastic and friendly. All in all, a wonderful place that I highly recommend.

Visited August 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great expectations!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I imagine they will be very successful. Interior is very attractive and staff is friendly. We tried all four beers and they were all tasty. Menu looked great. Nice addition to restaurants in Seward.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Seward Brewing Company? Share your experiences!