“Excellent experience”
Review of PFISH - Pacific Fishing - CLOSED

PFISH - Pacific Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: PFISH is a leader in the Seward Charter Fishing industry. With over 25 years of experience, our captains and crews not only know how to put clients on fish but are renowned for their exceptional customer service. Our charters are built for fishermen and women of all skill levels and a variety of charter options are available. Our 33-foot custom built Carolyn is one of the largest, fastest, most comfortable "six-pack" vessels in the fleet! PLEASE NOTE: The Offshore Charter Industry is one of the most challenging business sectors on the planet. After almost 25-years as a well known, local "Mom & Pop" establishment, PFISH decided a few years ago to branch out and increase the size of their fleets. As is inherent with practically every business, growing pains can be overwhelming at times, however with attention to detail and sticking to what got you there in the first place (personal, attentive and professional service) we were determined to make it work. Now, after several more years, even with the right team, assets and equipment, there are still challenges and always will be. By noting visitors with just one TripAdvisor review and a bad one, we hope that experienced travelers and sportsmen/women will recognize that while servicing over 3000 clients per year it is virtually impossible for us to expect a perfect record of "Excellent". We at PFISH believe that negative reviews are mainly due to a lack of communication and a travelers reluctance to inquire as to the issue when it occurs, a simple, innocent action. We appreciate the opportunity to respond with explanations... not excuses. Thank you for understanding - Management
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This year I joined a group that has fished in Alaska for years with various captains until they found Captain Tat, and they have stayed with him. This year Tat had to be away on other business during our trip time in July, but substitute Captain John and mate Leslie did a great job. In 3 days we caught plenty of fish, mostly limits of rockfish, halibut and coho salmon. Captain and mate worked extremely hard, were pleasant, knowledgeable, and very helpful.
Port Ashton Lodge was great. New log cabins were comfortable. Meals were excellent and the dinners gourmet, including fresh ingredients, fresh homemade breads and desserts.
I would recommend PFISH to anyone.
We’re going back next year.

Gary T

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have fished out of Seward with Tat and his crew 4 years in a row. I cannot say enough about how hard they work to get fish, and how successful we have been. See the pictures posted below. Tat spends the time and fuel and really works to get fish. We have come back with a lot of fish and had great experiences every year. That is what brings us back. He makes a point of tailoring the trip to his guests' interests; a lot of fish, big fish, etc. Tat is a fun guy to go out with we have always enjoyed his crew. I would definitely recommend his charter and plan to fish with him again in the future.

2  Thank Lance C
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have fished up and down the west coast, and have had the pacific saltwater under my seat since the late 70’s. During these years I have fished with several charters, some cattle boats and several smaller guides. Some were good and some well no so much, and a short list of great ones.
I did recently have an opportunity to fish the “Carolyn” with Tat and crew. The Carolyn is rugged, well maintained, capable boat.
We met Tat and crew in the morning. After the safety meeting, Tat asked the new crew what the target fish was. Figuring out what would make our perfect fishing day (silver salmon, ling cod, and halibut were in season). Our goal was large halibut.
Tat had no problem making the long haul to the grounds. We past several others that decided they would fish closer to the harbor. The lines went in the water, and we started to work the gear. The bite was not on right away, but Tat and the deckhand reassured us that it would happen as we needed to draw them in to the boat as the tide started to move.
About 20 minutes later up came a 40lb plus ling cod, then another about 15 minutes later. After a short time the first smaller halibut came up (about 50lbs, yes this was the smallest Halibut for the day). They called this fish the scout and the larger ones would follow. Wow, were they right the fishing continued to improve. After a few hours the fishing was nonstop with someone hooked up on another monster fish. Just as things could not have been better a school of silver salmon swam right with the boat everyone got a chance to put a fresh silver in the box. Then it happened to me…
Did I hook the bottom? I got the answer to that question shortly after the bent over stout fishing rod in my hands gave a couple of huge jerks. Nope fish and big one! 20 minutes later I had the fish to the surface. This was the largest fish that I had ever seen and it was on my line! My arms were on fire as the fight continued. The monster saw the boat and I could do nothing but watch as line just peeled off of the high dollar reel. On the third trip to the top Tat and his deckhand secured the fish like pros. It was an absolute hog.
The fishing had improved to red hot. The people that were not resting from complete exhaustion finished limiting the boat, with quality ling cod and barn doors. All smiles on the Carolyn, as we enjoyed the scenic ride in.
It was very apparent that the Carolyn’s skipper and crew out fished the entire fleet. Many others made it back to the docks earlier, but “chicken size” fish were the norm.
Throughout the day, I felt like the Tat and his deckhand were quick studies and assessed the ability of the anglers on board. They offered more freedom, to the ones that wanted it and gave a little more help to the ones that needed it. This made everyone on the boat very comfortable with their fishing abilities. Tat and crew know their fishery; will work to put you on fish. He is one of the great ones. Would I fish with Tat again? Is a 165 lb. Halibut a big fish?? Hell yes I would….

1  Thank Aaron T
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My family and friends have been fishing in Seward Alaska and Mexico for many years now. We go to Alaska and Mexico every year. We met Tat and the PFISH crew four years ago in Alaska when we had a bad experience with another charter service. I will have to say this turned out to be one of the luckiest events in our fishing careers. Our group does a lot of fishing in a lot of different places in the world and the right Captain, Crew and boat can be hard to find. Since our first trip with PFISH when we are in Seward Alaska we now only fish with Pacific fishing. We have had some of our best days and memories fishing with PFISH even on the days when the fishing was slow. Tat and his crews are Great! The boats are well equipped and clean as a whistle. We only have good things to say about Captain TAT and his deck hands, especially Leslie and Jake.These are the type of people that work to put you on the fish and you want your family and friends to fish with. This year was tough in Alaska but we were still able to get good fish. One of my best friends cough a Halibut over 160 lbs, and as he said it was an experience of a lifetime. We also caught some very nice yelloweyes and ling cod. The silver fishing was slow but we did find a few. My wife, myself and one of our friends have also fished with Tat at the Port Ashton Lodge in Alaska and all we can say is that trip was EPIC, except for the fact that we could haved used more sleep. If you are going to fish off shore out of Seward Alaska or in Mexico I would Very Highly Recommend booking your charter with Tat and Pacific Fishing. You will not be disappointed! You should seriously consider taking these trips. The fishing is incredible and the surroundings and nature are breathtaking. Another life long customer- RAC

1  Thank RAC300