“Very nice experience”

and up
Kennel Tour and Dog Sled Ride
Ranked #12 of 51 Tours in Seward
More attraction details
Owner description: We are two mushers - Travis Beals & Sarah Stokey - who share a passion for dog sledding, the Iditarod sled dog race, & story telling. Come meet our dogs, play with our puppies, and learn a little bit about Alaska's state sport before going for a fun dog sled ride. Our tours are kept small, customized to your groups needs, and are very hands on. We look forward to meeting you!
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Very nice experience”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a good time during dog sledding...it was perfect alaskan experience... You get to see Exit glacier during the trip.. the guide was very helpful

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mani130

Anchorage, Alaska
“Favorite Memory”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Seward is a pretty special place for us already, since my husband and I got engaged there but after this trip it has topped our list of favorite places/memories, all thanks to Turning Heads Kennel! We came back for a winter visit with our 3 mo. old baby and Sarah and Travis were more than accommodating. They have lots of options to keep the little ones warm and snuggly. The dogs were high spirited and obviously loved their owners and line of work. We actually loved the trip so much that we got a babysitter and went back a month later to experience the adventure again! We are thinking of adding it to our family traditions and we are excited to check out their summer tours!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank dhwood9
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Kennel/Dog Sledding Alaska has to offer!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Dog sledding with Travis and Sarah was by FAR the best part of my Alaskan adventure. Seward is an amazing and beautiful place (not to mention is the most scenic drive from Anchorage) and to see it via dog sled is the cherry on top of the cake. When I first met Travis and Sarah I was delighted to hear about their love of mushing and dogs--these are two people who are definitely working hard to make their dream come true. They LOVE mushing and they want to share that with others. Travis was just one week away from accomplishing his life-long dream of mushing the Ididaride and was stoked :) AND there were SIX Bald Eagles at Turning Heads, just chilling in the trees. This is an absolute MUST for families, thrill-seekers, and those who want to experience real Alaska.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank nkume
Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Totally worth the drive from Anchorage”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I were a bit reluctant to drive 4+ hours in a day for a dog sledding activity, but ended up doing it anyways. The entire experience was great and totally worth it. Travis and Sarah had a wealth of knowledge to share about the dogs and made us feel at ease (wife is scared of dogs). I would highly recommend this activity as a fantastic way to learn more about dog sledding and the Iditarod.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Naved81
Danville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

While visiting my sister in Seward , she suggested this for an activity. I was hesitant because I have a genuine fear of dogs. Well, not only did I have fun but Travis and Sarah helped to put me at ease. What a thrill and interesting as well!! I would highly recommend it!!! There are so passionate and it is contagious.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Patricia B

Been to Turning Heads Kennel? Share your experiences!