“unalaskan”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“unalaskan”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Staff was rude. Unprofessional. Not helpful. Everyone else I have met in Alaska was so kind and a joy to meet but not here. Don't waste your vacation time suffering at Miller's landing trying to get basic service. We will not come back here again. I received horrible service over the phone with two different people and we brushed it off and came on the trip anyway. Huge mistake. If you get bad service over the phone making a reservation, Don't go!!!

1 Thank Crys T

Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We do one of these trips every year and they are just so-so. Enough to come back but definitely not something I would recommend to visitors. Our "3 hour excursion" was under two hours which really peeved me since we spent a decent amount of time on Tonsina Beach. Get what you pay for I guess.. Half off = Half [--]

1 Thank JM F
Anchorage, Alaska
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Wonderful Stress-free Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This turned out to be a really nice few hour kayak excursion. I was surprised, having done quite a bit of kayaking in the past. The kayaking wasn't too far, then we went on a nice hike, and kayaked back to Miller's Landing. With the Groupon rate, the price was reasonable (and actually wouldn't be too bad without the Groupon too). The guide was a lot of fun, though he didn't have much Alaska experience. Kayaks were in excellent condition. Be careful to get matching paddles with drip protectors.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Tonsina Kayak Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

My friend and I did the tandem kayak trip called the Tonsina Guided Kayak on the morning of August 10, 2013. Our kayak guides John and Dan were considerate, helpful, & knowledgable with the guided kayak from Miller's Landing heading out of Resurrection Bay and at the 1/2 way kayak point on a beach, where they took us on a mini-hike through a lush forest of moss growing on trees, edible plants we got o eat, like sea grass & watermelon berries, blueberries,& trail rasberries, and through a forest of dead trees from the 1964 Good Friday earthquake. The kayak trip was helpful for all types of kayakers from the novice kayakers to the avid, athletic kayakers because the guides broke off into 2 groups, which my friend & I took the slower, cruise control speed back to Miller's Landing with Dan the guide. The conditions in the bay was calm & serene the 1st 1/2 of our trip but when we headed back it got really choppy & turbulent w/ big swells,so it helped taking our time kayaking in the choppy sea.

Las Cruces, NM
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“NOT a reputable organization”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was really looking forward to kayaking in Alaska, and was terribly disappointed in my experience at Miller's Landing. One reviewer said this place was a dump- that is putting it kindly. The trip descriptions sound amazing but the one we took was extremely boring. First off, the company put us all in double kayaks, which we hadn't been told beforehand; we thought we were getting singles. Second, we received no instruction whatsoever. Most of us had kayaked before but our guide didn't know that. He stayed apart from our group and didn't give us any information about the area or animals or anything; he did not have the personality to be a guide at all. The other staff members were borderline rude to us. All in all, it's a very shoddy place and poorly run and the trip was pretty dull. Kayaking can be a wonderful adventure but next time I'll definitely go somewhere else.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Wendy L

Been to Miller's Landing? Share your experiences!