“Make no mistake: This is a nose-to-tail ride!”

Bardy's Trail Rides - Day Tour
Ranked #12 of 52 Outdoor Activities in Seward
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were very disappointed in our horseback ride at Bardy's Trail Rides in Seward, Alaska. Let me start by saying that the scenary out by Resurrection Bay was beautiful (this is about 10 - 15 minutes of the 2 hour ride) and crossing the rivers was fun. There were eight people on our ride, with two young (~15 years old?) guides. The guides either rode at the front and talked with each other, or one rode about halfway back. I was at the end of the nose-to-tail ride and was told specifically that I had to stay there. The girl on the horse in front of me struggled to keep her horse moving and had a hard time when her horse stopped to graze. She also had some difficulty crossing rivers. It was pretty much up to me to make sure she kept going. My husband was 3 or 4 horses in front of me and we could not ride together (the horses have to go in a certain order and this order CANNOT be deviated from). I'm an ok rider and a ride a few times a year (so I'm no expert), but this trail ride would not be one I'd recommend to anyone. I really felt like I was working and the guides were not.

5  Thank christytravels2012
"unique view"
"brown bear"
"beautiful pictures"

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were visitinbg seeward for a few days and we found this horseback ride guides by recomendation of the lodge we were staying at. The ride and guides were amazing. Although it rained most of the time, we had a wonderful and amazing experience. We saw moose and many bald eagles while riding along the beach in Seward. If you like horseback riding, I would definately recomend Bardys. Their horses are very tamed and gentle and easy to ride. Fun way to spend half of your day.

2  Thank Jack S
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Loved the beautiful scenery - it was a great trail ride.

1  Thank lisjor
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We rode with Bardy's a few days ago while in Seward. This was a great trip! Bree was a terrific tour guide, and the ride was so much fun. We are less than experienced riders for sure, and except for being slightly sore for a few hours afterward we managed quite well. Saw lots of bald eagles, great scenery, and learned many interesting facts about Seward and Resurrection Bay.

1  Thank Beanie84