“Awesome!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We have been to Seward 4 times now, and this year added Bardy's Trail Rides to our itinerary. What a great decision! The kids have stated that this is a "must do" next time we visit Seward! The scenery was beautiful, and our guide was so helpful! We got lucky and had a day with sunshine, but I think it would also be very fun to go on a rainy day. You can never be picky about the weather in Seward! We will definitely see Bardy's horses again!

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Sam R

Richmond, Virginia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“One amazing ride!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We had an amazing 2-hour ride with our guide Bree. My brother and I went with our two daughters, and it couldn't have been better. The horses were safe and eager, Bree was expert and friendly, and everyone had a fantastic experience. The scenery is out of this world, with the mountains and the bay always nearby. Bald eagles abound, and we even lucked into a family of grizzly bears - from a nice, safe distance of course. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Stephen C
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The folks at Bardy's provided us with a wonderful vacation experience. The horses were fine and unlike another reviewer's experience we were allowed to let them eat at specific spots which kept then quite content. I am not an experienced rider so I was given an appropriate horse. People were well matched to their horses. The scenery was beautiful and the guide knowledgable. I would definitely recommend this experience.

Visited July 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Scenic? Definitely! ...but”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The good: Seward is definitely a scenic place to go. River and stream crossings were different and fun; the horses were in good shape and well behaved for the most part. The owner and the guide were friendly and it was interesting to see the only building that survived the '64 tsunami.

The disappointing part was the advice to not let the horses eat on the ride. Easy enough for the first half, but as we passed by an eagle, my horse refused to whoa for a picture. Why? Because just ahead is where we stop to eat grass!! After that, nearly every horse had problems with wanting to grab a bite. I finally had to wrap the reins around the cantle to keep him from stopping for a munch. After about 15 min. of that, he finally started to neck rein again. Either they eat and hold up the ride, or they don't.

Visited July 2011
4 Thank blu_h2O_fan
Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Experienced riders had the best ride of their life”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful this experience was. We plan on returning to Alaska someday on an anniversary trip and we will definitely look up Bardy’s again. Our trail guide was amazing, and the trail itself led us through some of the most beautiful woods, open fields, and river terrain we have ever seen. The horses were in excellent condition. The trail guide was one of the most experienced I have ever seen regarding watching over the horses and riders while watching the wild surroundings. Our trail guide did a fantastic job of providing a history of the surrounding area, interesting facts, and pointed out once in a lifetime viewing opportunities – such as the bald eagles nest with the small baby eagles. My husband and I booked this as an activity for our honeymoon. Bardy’s mailed us the confirmation information – only I did not double check the correct date was listed and this was my fault. I received a call a week before we were to fly to Alaska asking if we were making the ride that day! I explained to her the date mix-up, and not only did she rebook us for the correct dates, she also did not charge us for the mix-up (which according to the policy that was previously provided, she could have). This was just amazing customer service. While all of our activities in Alaska were amazing, Bardy’s was our favorite thanks to the fantastic location and phenomenal customer service.

3 Thank USTravelersFlorida