“Captain Louis is incredible.”

Seward Water Taxi - Alaskan Coastal Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Customized boat tours, sightseeing, birding, drop offs, kayaking, hiking, large open deck for photography.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Captain Louis is incredible.”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Finding Seward water taxi ( Alaskan coastal safari) was the best thing that happened to me on our trip to Seward this year. After trying the various other water taxi services, Captain Louis was heads and shoulders above the rest. Not only did he give us perfect custom trip advice, but his local knowledge blew me away. I learned more in an hour than I had in the past week thanks to his intimate understanding of the ecosystem. Next time in Seward I am booking him again.

Seward, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best and Cheapest Option to get on Resurrection Bay”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I went out with Captain Louis on MV LoriSea to explore Resurrection Bay on a beautiful July afternoon. We were joined by whales, puffins, porpoises, eagles and lots of relaxed otters. Captain Louis was a wonderful tour guide and captain. Having worked as a biologist in the area for many years, he had the answer to every question we asked. How wide is a puffins wing span? Why are these Humpbacks breaching? etc. The boat is fast, clean and comfortable. Captain Louis was very punctual as well. The bay is spectacular. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the wildlife and the scenery at my own pace, on the MV LoriSea.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank alaskanomad
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Our trip to Bear Glacier was the most amazing experience of my life....so far!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Upon arriving to the harbor in Seward, Captain Garding was waiting for us at the dock (I'm a stickler for being punctual so this was an immediate plus). He was super friendly and excited to help us load our gear onto his boat. The boat ride was warm and comfortable and along the way I looked at the extensive collection of maps of Resurrection Bay and the surrounding areas that were in the cabin. I am not familiar with the wildlife in Alaska, so it was really neat that Captain Garding pointed out the birds and marine animals along the way! Half of our group was inexperienced kayakers, so when we landed and unloaded our things, Captain Garding gave us some basic tips on handling our kayaks, as well as how to navigate the river and where to go to access the lake in front of the glacier. Without his advice our trip would have taken a lot longer and been a lot more physically demanding!!
Kayaking with the icebergs in front of the glacier was out of this world. We all kept saying, 'oh my goodness, I can't believe how amazing this is...' It truly felt like we were in a fantasy land. The views of the ice and the moutains were spectacular, and we had the whole place to ourselves!
Previous to this trip, I went on a day cruise with one of the local tour companies out to Aialik Glaciar....we were on a huge boat with a ton of people. It was a beautiful day and a nice trip, but felt like we were in a theme park because it was so generic and crowded. Our trip with Alaskan Coastal Safari was so personal and special, I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to make the most of their trip to Seward and Alaska!
Overall, I am more than impressed with Alaskan Coastal Safari/Seward Water Taxi! We definitley got the most bang for our buck and I can't wait to come back up to Alaska and explore more of Resurrection Bay :)

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Olive96822
Billings, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A fantastic experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Last October I had the opportunity to experience Resurrection Bay first hand with Captain Louis. I was totally amazed by his wealth of knowledge. Captain Louis can name every mountain peak and every cove along with knowing where the wildlife hangs out. We watched the puffins for quite awhile, then on to glaciers and icebergs. On the way back from the tour we witnessed caves with starfish and an otter swimming with the boat. By the way the boat has plenty of room and feels very safe and comfortable in the big water. I am thoroughly impressed with Captain Louis, his boat, and his knowledge of the area.

Visited November 2010
2 Thank lonaolsen39
Flagstaff, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wildlife Viewing Trip of a Lifetime!”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We booked a sight seeing tour with the Seward Water Taxi, aka Alaska Coastal Safari, this past May that totally blew our socks off. It went way beyond our expectations and was the highlight of our trip to Alaska. We appreciated the friendly, professional service, and the vast knowledge our captain shared with us about the area and the wildlife. We got to see a pod of Orcas in Resurrection Ba,y and had porpoises swimming right up to the boat to give us a show. We also saw mountain goats, stellar sea lions, and more eagles than we could count. We found the large landing craft to be accessible and comfortable for both the young and old. My elderly grandmother and my 4 year old nephew were both quite cozy, and the captain was able to drop the gate to accommodate my grandmother so she could safely get onto the boat. I'd book a trip on this boat again in a heartbeat.

Visited May 2011