“Enjoyed my meal!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I really enjoyed Alaska Nellie's Roadhouse. I had a bowl of the chicken noodle soup which I really enjoyed! My mom had the steak fried chicken which I tried and loved! Pricing was reasonable and service was good! Hope you enjoy!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The reindeer sausage omelet is very very good! Service is a little slow, but very friendly. However, in Alaska, we learned that no one is in too much of a hurry. Nice place to eat!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I typically like to sample the local flavor when it comes to restaurants. Nellie's was a "walk by" that looked "mom and pop". I didn't start reading reviews til I'd already sat down. Well, the negative reviews were VERY accurate. BIG city prices, in the absence of ambiance. Again, I don't need it, but when you're paying over $25 for fish and chips...you should probably get some ambiance. As for that, they were just OK. Halibut and chips- 4 thumbs sized bits of halibut with a handful of fries. Just OK. Definitely not over $25 good!! My fiance had a chicken Cesar and bit into a pink, undercooked bit of chicken. Multiple pieces of the chicken were undercooked. We had to send it back. I sat and watched people reading the window menu and hoped to make eye contact so that I could subtly shake my head "no". It may be mom and pop. It may be local. But it is NOT good!!

1  Thank polskajay
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had lunch at Alaska Nellie's on a rainy Seward day. The place was humming with a full crowd and a short line waiting for tables. It seems to be a busy place with lots of locals and visitors as well. We had fish and chips and seafood chowder and enjoyed all of it. This place had lots of atmosphere and good food too!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice little cafe on the main shopping drag of Seward. Very good, unpretentious breakfast menu. The day I was there the place was full and there was only one server on the floor. She busted her but, but it was a bit slow.