“Filled our bellies!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The waitstaff were young, but got the job done in a timely manner. The food was OK - not memorable, which is fine. The decor was quirky, I liked the photos. I didn't find it too expensive - it seemed more or less what I expected. The onion rings were pretty tasty. I literally cannot remember what I had for lunch - I think it was a bacon cheeseburger, and it was fine.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The food was not too bad, the service was okay. However it was really expensive, and the food was not worth what we paid for it. This is what we ordered:
Kids hamburger and sweet potato fries, lemonade
Hamburger and onion rings, water
BLT with avocado, cup of chicken soup, iced tea

The total was $46!! I nearly croaked when I saw the bill!!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Wanted to try something different so thought we'd try Nellie's. My husband and I both ordered the halibut and chips, one with fries, one with onion rings. Halibut was overdone and so dry I could not swallow without much tartar sauce. The fried onion rings were dripping with grease, obviously not fried in hot enough frying oil. Brought up our dissatisfaction with the meal and received no response and cooks seem to not take it seriously. Our meal was over $70. Will definitely return to Chinooks and Rays for all our future meals!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had the halibut burger. Fish itself was good, but there was just so little of it. Really, it was mostly a bun, mayo, lettuce, and onion burger. I requested the fries extra crispy because I know how rampant soggy and mushy fries can be. Well, what do you know: Nellie's served out soggy, mushy, AND cold fries. They were also a fairly small portion. Either give an extra half a handful to fill out he empty space on the plate, or use a smaller plate to give the appearance of a lot of food. Another in my party that had the same thing agreed, especially with the lack of fish part. Saint Paddy's sandwhich was giving a frown, shake of the head, and a "neh." Bacon avocado sandwich was given a "good." Mushroom Swiss burger was given a "good, but a bit dry and overlooked." Onion rings were a bit soggy and cold too.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I both ordered burgers. They were cooked through, as we ordered, but very dry. They had a funny taste to them too. Not a bad taste, but not a beefy taste either. It was so noticeable that my husband asked the waitress what kind of meat they use. She said "Let me ask the cook" and came back to say beef. If it was beef there was a lot of filler in the meat. The positive: The sandwich was a good size and the sandwich came with french fries or onion rings. We both had onion rings, which were good. The prices, in our opinion, were high for sandwiches. And they don't serve beer, so this place is more of a family restaurant. We've enjoyed other restaurants in Seward more than this one and probably won't eat here again.