“Price per meal not in line with reality.”
Review of Alaska Nellie's Roadhouse - CLOSED

Alaska Nellie's Roadhouse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Location right on main street, but I was unimpressed by the food. It's your standard town diner type fare priced for tourist. We should have used TripAdvisor to pick a better place. Live and learn. The service was prompt and friendly. We tried their halibut fish and chips. It could have been Morten's frozen fish filets.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Coffee tasted like ashtray. Jellies on table were old and rubbery, sugar packets were solid, hash browns were crunchy and greasy. Omelette was ok. Served everyone's food but the small child. High prices not worth the time or money. Would recommend more choices on kids breakfast menu, better service with more than one waitress, better cooked food, and throw away all table condiments and start fresh. I won't eat there again.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here while kicking around 'Downtown' Seward. We perused the other spots and were drawn to Nellie's. It also didn't hurt that the TripAdvisor app gave it a high rating :)

I had the halibut and chips (you are in Alaska) and my wife had the bacon cheeseburger. Both were excellent, and the fries were the best we'd had anywhere on our trip. The service here was excellent, and the 'rough' dining room was perfect for casual dining. Pricing is on line with anywhere in Alaska... more than you pay in the lower 48, but not outrageous.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went here hoping to get an amazing order of halibut and chips. At $24 per order, my expectations were high. Yet I could not have been more disappointed with what I received - fast food restaurants have better fish! They coat the fish with so much seasoning and batter that it tastes (and looks) like fried chicken fingers. As for the chips, they were obviously just from a frozen bag of french fries - just terrible. To top it all off, our waitress wasn't any good, either - never came to check on us, had to stalk her down to get refills on drinks. Stay away from this rip-off restaurant.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We chose to eat here while walking around Seward. I was disappointed to learn that they were out of the corned beef since it sounded so good. Instead I got the salad with apples, blue cheese, etc and it was soooo yummy! My husband ordered the burger since we heard it was the best in town. It may have been the best in the whole state. Very good! We noticed that the fish and chips for lunch cost $22. so we skipped those but they looked good on others plates. Our waitress was very slow and we could see our food put out and the cook rang the bell for her to come twice. She continued cleaning off empty tables so that was frustrating as it took a long time. She also asked us where we were here from when we ordered and again when finally giving us our check. We did notice the other waitresses were much more customer oriented.