“Not worth wasting a meal here”
Review of Alaska Nellie's Roadhouse - CLOSED

Alaska Nellie's Roadhouse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Asheville, North Carolina
“Not worth wasting a meal here”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This place was recommended by more than one local for a good value breakfast. When we walked in there were only two tables filled but the waitresses had to have a little discussion to figure out where to put us - they decided on squeezing the five of us in a four top even with two empty six tops just two tables away. We were famished so we ordered the Mt Marathon breakfasts with eggs/bacon/pancakes. The bacon was fatty and rubbery and the pancakes worse than you get at McDonalds. The service matched, with the waitress only giving us enough syrup for one person such that we had to ask for two refills for the four orders of pancakes at our table. The syrup was thick and artificial tasting wiu little flavor - you probably couldn't but a cheaper brand at Safeway. Please don't waste a meal here on your precious time in seward. Instead go to the smoke shack or the crepe place and get great food with a unique experience.

1 Thank jcegoldstein

“Not the greatest Resturant in town”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We got breakfast there and the service Was slow ordered two eggs over easy they gave me one over easy egg and one broken egg pretty disappointed. There was two waitress and one was busy flirting with the owners wife while the other one was busting her butt working her side and his of the Resturant. Was not impressed with this place I give it a overall 2

2 Thank LisamarieD
Palm Beach, Florida
“Better than average tourist trap”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We had a nice breakfast. Large portions, friendly service.

california
“good breakfast”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We came here for breakfast. It was crowded, but we were served quickly. We had eggs, toast, and french toast with sides. The coffee was lousy, typical diner fare, but the food was good. My eggs were perfectly done. The toast was slightly overcooked. The french toast and its sides of hash browns and meat were good. It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't pricey either. We sat at a table (they are wooden, a step up from typical diner fare), and there's also a wooden bar with stools at the window, which seemed like a nice place to eat and watch the world go by. I'd go back for breakfast.

Batesville, Mississippi
“Worst meal during my 4 month stay in Alaska.”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I hate to say that a place is terrible. I almost always find something to like about every place I go, but our meal here was pretty bad. This is really saying something because we were starving after a day of hiking without a meal.

We all had burgers with fries. The buns were cheap and stale, they were actually falling apart. The fries were on the cold side and covered in parmesan! All I could taste was cold parmesan! It takes a lot of work to make fries bad to me! The service was so unbelievably slow that I almost walked out and probably would have if a McDonald's would've been nearby.

1 Thank RoamForHome