Open today: 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
KY Wounded Heroes AK 2020

The crew on the Polaris put us on the fish. We caught our 9 person limit within our charter time... read more

Reviewed September 11, 2020
Samuel_D_0369
GREAT Crew and overall experience!

We had an amazing time halibut fishing with Captain John and our first mate, Waysen! My three sons... read more

Reviewed July 27, 2020
jodic156
patton, United States

All reviews captain john halibut fishing salmon deck hand catch fish rock fish fishing experience whopper great fishing weather was perfect alaska trip polaris limit silvers mate hook lbs
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2019

They might be fine as a charter company once you get out with them but I'll never know as after traveling from Washington to fish in Seward with these guys they canceled the night before the charter citing engine problems. They claimed they tried to book us with other companies but were unsuccessful.
This might all be true but I see other people have had the same exact experience with Aurora so perhaps maintenance is lacking or their equipment is old. Can't say but I can say it sure is a drag to come all this way have them cancel and be offered zero compensation. Not a good way to do business.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 21, 2019

Best priced fishing charter of the 20 something in Seward AK. Boat was decent and Captain was more then helpful. Wish we could of caught more fish, but judging what others were bringing in I think we did the best of the day. Was a Trip my Boys will remember forever.

2  Thank Jake and Kerry K
Reviewed July 19, 2019

My husband and I went on the 1/2 day fishing trip with Captain Mark( his first trip back after a medical leave) and Karston. We headed out to catch salmon, which we did initially but as the tide changed so did the fishing. mark gave us an option to move and try to catch rock fish. We did and were very successful then we went back to salmon fishing. It was a very good afternoon. Both mark and Karston were informative and friendly. We shipped our fish home and would definitely go again!

3  Thank hitthespots
Reviewed July 10, 2019 via mobile

So this is my second year fishing with aurora charters last year was the best fishing trip I have ever gone on and I have fished all around the world however this year I went with a different captain from their fleet Capt Chris this was the worst experience I have ever had fishing Capt chris was rude to guests yelling at them getting mad when they didn't catch a fish the boat was not clean he had bait on the boat that was over a month old and rancid smelling he dumped the bait out on the floor of the boat to pick through it to find some that was good the smell was so bad that almost everyone on the boat started gagging. Then the toilet would not work and he decided to clean it out an dump the sewage from it right beside the boat where we were fishing this captain was horrible I would not recommend ever fishing with him .

2  Thank Sara R
Reviewed July 1, 2019

My son and I went out last week with Capt John, Kevin & Carson. We had an amazing time on the water and caught our limit of fish. These guys were awesome! On the way out we saw orcas and the captain gave us time to get some incredible photos. The waters were calm and the views were amazing. Once we were catching fish these men worked hard to keep everyone fishing. This was the best part of our time in Seward for sure. Thank you so much for taking photos and cleaning our fish. We will be back.

Date of experience: June 2019