“A great day of fishing”

The Fish House, Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The Fish House itself is a fishing and hardward store, but they are also a charter company for groups. The fish from Seward, AK for halibut, rock fish, salmon, salmon shark, etc... Their number is 800.257.7760
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I went with on a combo fishing trip with a friend, the day starts early and the ride to the fishing hole is long but what a beautiful day it was and our captain was the best. We caught our limit of 2 halibut each. I caught a 80 and 60 pound halibut in our first two hours of fishing. We pulled up anchor and went after rockfish and the captain found us a great spot everyone in the boat were pulling up rockfish as fast as we could put our lines in the water. Everyone on the boat limited out and we moved on to fishing for silver salmon. We did not catch any salmon so we headed back in with what we had and the captain did a great job cleaning and filleting our fish. The captain believe it or not was a young college kid and I was worried about his skills at first but he proved to be more then experience and had been working on fishing charters his whole young life which you could tell by the way he handled the boat and took care of all the people who were fishing. He made it a great experience.

2  Thank Trav W

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed a custom halibut charter for 4 adult family members on Labor Day despite racing an incoming storm in the Gulf of Alaska. Captain Dwayne on The Provider did an outstanding job in all regards and I highly recommend him. Besides always assuring our safety, he also made sure we got quickly to the fishing spot, each limited out on fish in less than an hour, quickly returned to port ahead of the storm, and most of all had fun! Our tour operator, Alaskan Tour Guides, recommended the Fish House and they did a great job all around. I would not hesitate to use them again. Thanks again Fish House and Captain Dwayne!

Gary W. - Chicago, IL

1  Thank Gary W
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Charterd a last munite trip thru the Fish house in Seward. My party of five fished on the Emerald Fjord. The captain worked very hard fo ensure every one on the boat (11) got there limit of Halibut and Lingcod. Also picked up a few salmon and rock fish. The crew did a good job taking care of every one. I will use them again. I had a similar experiance with Fish house onboard the Servant in 2011.

2  Thank Steve P
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked another charter this year through the Fish House and were not disappointed! We booked a half day Silver Salmon charter and went out on a spectacular boat. I had my limit in about an hour and my Dad had his limit in about and hour and a half. Since the boat limited out early, this gave us some time to go and check out some of the wildlife in the bay. We will continue to use the Fish House on all our future trips to Alaska.

2  Thank Scott876
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My brother and I planned a full day with The Fish House in late August. It was an enjoyable day and Captain Matt and first mate (also Matt) were great guys...knowledgeable, focused on safety and committed to get us into halibut. The run out to the fishing spot was 3.5 hours, which was somewhat of a surprise. (over 7 hours of travel time round trip which is quite a commitment, so be prepared.)

I also learned that the average halibut caught in Alaska is 12.5 lbs. This seemed to be consistent with our day, as no one on the tour (over 20 halibut caught) boated one greater than 15 pounds. Good day nonetheless. It did not hurt that the day was clear sunshine, and the seas calm. I would recommend this outfit.

1  Thank S F