Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Half-day Trip Worthwhile

Reviewed September 14, 2018
Revhedge
Marana, Arizona
Excellent day with Jimmy and team

Reviewed September 9, 2018
Brian E
Pittsburgh
via mobile

All reviews deck hand silver salmon halibut rock fish captain troy ace hardware average size fresh bait king salmon montague island morning trip take pictures limit silvers mate dock harvester
Reviewed September 14, 2018

My son and I didn't want to go on a full-day trip, so it was nice to find that "The Fish House" had a half-day halibut trip for us. The day and the scenery were both beautiful, and the captain of the boat did his best to find good fishing grounds, but we wound up with only a couple of rock fish (though these turned out to be very, very tasty).

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had a great day with the team on a fishing trip. Weather helped but team was very polite, supportive and hard working. They helped us in every way and would highly recommend this.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

My hat is off to Neal and the Relentless. 2018 has been tough on silver salmon fishermen and those guiding us. But Neal/Relentless knocked it out of the park! We fished with him on 8/10. Each of us caught a BIG halibut, and then made way for the elusive 2018 silvers. Neal not only found the silvers, we limited (6 people, 18 silvers on boat) when others were returning to the dock with two silvers for the entire boat! My freezer is fully stocked with fish, and I am looking forward to our next trip to Seward. Thank you, Neal!

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Went out halibut fishing aboard the Hope (12 person full day). Ended up catching 3 halibut and had to throw 1 back because of the regulations. Everyone on board caught a fish (not necessarily halibut) but had a great experience. I went with captain Jason and deck and Garrett who clearly know what they are doing. Couldn’t have asked for better conditions. 70 degrees and the ocean as calm as your local lake. While we didn’t catch the biggest fish, I was satisfied by the experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

So it’s a bad year for salmon. Only one for a boat with 4 or 5 fishing in a full day combo. CAPT made sure we came home with halibut limits staying out in lousy wet cold windy weather that the diehard fishermen loved. He kept looking for salmon but we all ended up with nice selections of rock fish. Can’t complain; he kept trying. Long soggy chilly day but that’s fishing. BZ to “Harvester” Captain. (Pointer for others: Next time we’ll mention earlier we don’t like cigarette smoke. And the occasional oil sheen probably needs to be addressed.).

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Background:
Fishing the oceans and freshwater bodies seriously and frequently for ten years. Worked in Alaska as a fishing guide during summer.

Called the office to get information about rates and fishing. Told me the fishing was fair to good. However come to find out it’s slow to minimal. Booked a half day salmon charter.

Showed up at 5:45 am in the rain from 6 am check in. Crew was working hard, said they couldn’t let me on the boat because captain doesn’t like it. From the moment I stepped on the boat deckhands were tired and overworked. I asked them how the season was going and said they were having a tough time. Took forever to get on the water 6:00 am check in turned into 6:40 leave.

Hour run out on the water,and Captain was reading the paper on the first spot we pull up to instead of reading the graph for fish. After fishing for salmon for awhile we gave up and hit a rockfish pile. Picked up some fish but captain was going on the slowest circles back once we got off the rocks to waste time. We asked crew some questions and said they were afraid to answer due to backlash from skipper.

Overall a disappointing trip. However my family still had fun.

Would not recommend you spend a good chunk of change if you are looking for a serious fishing experience. Spent the least amount of time working for fish as possible.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Larry was an incredible guide! Very personable and willing to customize a trip for what we were asking! We only ended up catching one salmon on our trip, which was a major bummer but it was a great trip and worth the experience!

Reviewed July 30, 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our exclusive 5 person 1/2 day fishing charter with Captain Jeremy aboard The Provider, a 27' SeaSport boat. The boat was comfortable for 5.
Even though the weather was overcast and at times, raining, we didn't mind as we watched puffin, eagles, and sea gulls as we fished for Coho and Rockfish.

Jeremy is a skilled and personable guide and he made our half day fishing adventure in Resurrection Sound enjoyable and productive.

Thanks Jeremy.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

My father-in-law came up to Alaska to help my husband and I move. Fishing for halibut and salmon in Alaska were a bucket list item for him. I graciously booked a charter for two with the Fish House as other locations were already booked. Initially, I was very impressed because they took the time to find a boat both he and I could go on. We had a full day salmon and halibut charter. We checked in and waited about an hour for us to get moving. The Captain was kind and offered up the use of the fridge and stove on the boat if anyone needed them. Once we started moving the ride was choppy even though the water wasn't moving much. The boat was small and crammed 13 people on board. There weren't even enough seats inside the cab and half the folks on board had to stand outside or sit at the front of the boat getting all the wind sea spray.
We drove out the usual 3 hours and then dropped anchor. We fished for almost 4 hours before moving on. This wouldn't have been bad except only 2 fish were caught out of 13 people! One 40 pound halibut and one big yellow eye. Another nearby boat in the area did the same thing even though they weren't catching anything either. At the second spot, 2 fish were caught fairly quickly. But after about a half hour we moved on to catch sea bass. I think the reason the captain moved us was to ensure we caught some fish and wouldn't complain. However, a few sea bass is a small consolation prize when you're expecting halibut and salmon!
I have booked other charters with the military resort and was always successful at catching my limit. I regret taking the chance on The Fish House. While the captain was nice enough, he really didn't ask the people on the boat what they wanted. With the military resort, the captains and deck hands were attentive and mindful of people who were sick, which my father-in-law ended up getting. Captain Jason went about making his beans and rice which stunk up the boat and made it worse. I spent twice as much as I would have at the military resort for 6 small sea bass. I could have gone down to New Sagaya and purchased salmon for less than $7 a pound. Instead I got sea bass for more like a $100 a pound. I ended up giving the fish to a friend because it wasn't even worth the cost to ship it out of state. The boat we went out on was the Hope with Jason as the Captain.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Me and Tori got invited to a Halibut charter in Seward! There were 16 people in the group on the “Perseverance”
Capt Jimmy and deck boss, Patrick, made the trip and fishing so enjoyable and the fishing was fantastic! We fished in three areas for what fish we were looking to catch!!! We all had a great time!!!