“Great Experiance”

The Fish House, Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The Fish House itself is a fishing and hardward store, but they are also a charter company for groups. The fish from Seward, AK for halibut, rock fish, salmon, salmon shark, etc... Their number is 800.257.7760
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I went out of Seward this Saturday on the Servant with Captain Trent and deck hand Oksana; they are booked though Fish House Charters.

I haven't been on a Seward charter since I bought my own boat about 9 years ago. I was a little wary after hearing so many horror stories about bad trips. However, this captain and crew did a great job.

When we arrived at the slip at 0630, the captain said Silver Salmon fishing was slow in the bay and that we would take a 3 hour run to get to where he was confident we could get into some fish. So, we headed to Montague Island and proceeded to load up. We also got a load of Black Bass and headed back to the dock.

1. The captain spent a whole bunch of time and fuel to get us on fish.
2. The deck hand was great. When she wasn't baiting hooks, she was cleaning the deck or taking care of somebody.
3. The captain didn't just sit at the wheel. He was running all over that boat netting fish and making sure everything was taken care of.
4. Both of them had great, upbeat attitudes.

I can't speak for other Fish House boats, but this one was a great experience.

1  Thank Pogi1994

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Went out fishing for salmon with capt Al on the Harvest with my brother in law and nephew. Nice clean boat with good equipment. We all caught our limits under fair weather conditions. Fish was prepared and packaged, then sent by courier to the Anchorage airport where they have freezers to store it for you. We picked up the fish 2 days later and checked it in with our luggage. Arrived home and had fresh salmon for dinner!
Recommend doing your fishing trip towards the end of your stay in alaska so that you can carry it with you on your return. Otherwise you will have to hold it in a freezer storage which can add to the cost. Fed ex is also an expensive option.

1  Thank apexbeat
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I traveled with a group of 8 and we took the morning trip out fishing through the Fish House. Our Captain, Trent, was very friendly and entertaining, and seemed to really know his stuff! We were on a boat of 15 total people, and everyone caught their limit of 3 except two of us (who still caught 2). We ended up with Silvers, Rockfish, and Halibut. And, we say the following wildlife (some only because Trent spotted them and made sure we all saw them!): Humpback whale, bald eagle, sheep, sea lions, otter, puffins, and jumping fish. A Great Trip, memories for a life time!

2  Thank droideka27
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Capt Trent was great. Fun guy with great deckhand, Matt. Hooks were always baited quickly and the fish rolled in! Entire boat (12 people) limited out on silvers in less than 90 mins. Hooked too many rock fish then limited out on halibut. Trent and Matt went out of their way to assist inexperienced fishermen to get fish on line. Have fished other charters out of Whittier and this Seward crew was by far the best.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Staff was great at this place. They took the time to talk to me and my daughter and helped us picking out rods and tackle to go catch our first Alaskan Salmon ever. They even do charters and from what I heard the customers were catching a lot. We did not have the time so we just fished from shore. No matter what you have for fishing needs these are the guys to see in Seward.