“Absolutely Amazing Morning Fishing Expedition”

The Fish House, Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The Fish House itself is a fishing and hardward store, but they are also a charter company for groups. The fish from Seward, AK for halibut, rock fish, salmon, salmon shark, etc... Their number is 800.257.7760
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I traveled with a group of 8 and we took the morning trip out fishing through the Fish House. Our Captain, Trent, was very friendly and entertaining, and seemed to really know his stuff! We were on a boat of 15 total people, and everyone caught their limit of 3 except two of us (who still caught 2). We ended up with Silvers, Rockfish, and Halibut. And, we say the following wildlife (some only because Trent spotted them and made sure we all saw them!): Humpback whale, bald eagle, sheep, sea lions, otter, puffins, and jumping fish. A Great Trip, memories for a life time!

2  Thank droideka27
in 3 reviews
"boat"
in 66 reviews

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Capt Trent was great. Fun guy with great deckhand, Matt. Hooks were always baited quickly and the fish rolled in! Entire boat (12 people) limited out on silvers in less than 90 mins. Hooked too many rock fish then limited out on halibut. Trent and Matt went out of their way to assist inexperienced fishermen to get fish on line. Have fished other charters out of Whittier and this Seward crew was by far the best.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Staff was great at this place. They took the time to talk to me and my daughter and helped us picking out rods and tackle to go catch our first Alaskan Salmon ever. They even do charters and from what I heard the customers were catching a lot. We did not have the time so we just fished from shore. No matter what you have for fishing needs these are the guys to see in Seward.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went out in terrible weather, silvers were so so. Would have been better if captain spent less time gabbing on radio at expense telling us depth of fish. Boat went airborne on trip back. With no heads up, I hit ceiling in cabin. Worst guided experience in 40 years.

4  Thank Tom M
See more reviews
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I would hightly recommend Saltwater Safari or Crackerjack Charter in Seward. Stay clear of Aurora Charter!! After confirming our fishing charter the evening before our scheduled trip (7/14) our 5 person party made the 2 hour drive to beautiful Seward AK starting at 3:30 a.m. to arrive on time as requested. Upon check in I was informed there would be a slight delay as they checked in the other patrons fishing on another boat, but I was assured they would find us when the boat was ready. No problem I thought. After 30 minutes and no word I went back inside to discover the boat had "computer problems, they weren't communicating right" I was told. Hmmm. they would reschedule the trip for a future date. Problem was we only had 7 days and they couldn't do anything for us except refund our money and tell me "these things happen". I have been on many, many charters and yes things do happen, however the past experiences were always resolved by finding other options that would work. Aurora put NO effort in trying to accommodate my party and simply told us we were out of luck and would do nothing for us. I would highly recommend either Saltwater Safari or Crackerjack Charter if you are in Seward!!

3  Thank steve m