“Uncomfortable”

Ranked #8 of 46 Seward B&B and Inns
Northport, New York
“Uncomfortable”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I'm really not sure why this place has several glowing reviews. As one person said, it's not really a B&B...more like a wood cabin/motel. The place appears to be new-ish, but cheaply done and not many frills. There's no TV and the beds are small and uncomfortable. The thing that really killed this place for me, though, was that you can hear everything your neighbors are doing. Our neighbors checks in close to midnight and made several trips in and out of their room for luggage, etc. and it kept us up much longer than we planned.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tshell01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rochester, MN
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Steller Bed and Breakfast is a great place! We stayed for 3 nights in one of the standard rooms so we shared 2 bathrooms with 2 other rooms ~ I was a little concerned about sharing the bathroom before we got there but it ended up working perfectly. The bedrooms are cozy, quiet, and very clean. The bathrooms are immaculate and have lovely tile work. We enjoyed having the tasty muffins, OJ, coffee, and yogurt left in our room the day before because it allowed us to get up whenever we wanted. Patty and Belinda are very friendly and easy to chat with.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Steller B&B is an affordable b&b, very clean and well kept, and the owners are very nice and helpful. Our room was right next to a small stream and was in the woods - it was quite picturesque. Guests receive a continental breakfast in their room every day; however, there is very little variety from day to day. Overall, we were really happy staying here, and it's quite close to town and restaurants. We loved the friendly greeting that the dog provided!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2010

My 13-year old son and I made late arrangements to travel from Florida to Seward for a fishing trip. Belinda and Patty accommodated us nicely despite our last-minute need for reservations. I enjoyed the peace-and-quiet and my son enjoyed Kaya the resident yellow lab as well as the creek out back.

Hospitality and service was great--we really liked the owners and the breakfast fare provided.

In my opinion, this B&B provides excellent value and we will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Seward.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I had such a great stay at this place! The rooms were very clean and brand new! The owner was very accomidating and was open to helping out with places to go around Seward. You will need your own car if you're going to stay in Seward for a bit, but it's only a couple miles from town and actually right down the street from Exit Glacier. This is not your typical B&B that serves a hot breakfast, but they give you your own continental breakfast and will gladly give you extra of anything requested. I traveled on my own to this place and felt right at home. I look forward to my next stay there! The ONLY thing I would say is that there are no blinds on the windows, so the room gets a little bright in the summer. (-:

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We really enjoyed staying at Steller B&B. The location is great, it's just before you get to the main part of town, so you'll want to have your own car. You feel like you're in the woods, quiet and peaceful. Exit Glacier is close by and the harbor is just minutes down the main road, both are short drives from Steller.

The inn is like a small log cabin motel — loved it. You have total privacy in a large room with your own fridge, coffee maker, and view of the small creek behind the lodge. Everything looked new. We're not so into the traditional B&B: in a house with a communal dining table, so Steller was perfect for us. You'll find muffins, fruit, yogurt, and juice in your room when you check in, so your breakfast is ready whenever you want it. There's coffee, too. The bathroom is gorgeous. I found the bed to be really cozy comfortable, I'm not sure why (bed or bedding), but I had a great night's sleep. We loved our stay at Steller B&B.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TwoFourTheRoad
Miami
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This B & B is tucked away in the woods next to a creek filled with salmon (at least in August). It's a lovely spot. The rooms are beautiful and well appointed. The service is excellent and the owners are friendly and informative. I would heartily recommend this B & B if you are traveling to Seward.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple