“Scary but good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We were seated by the busser, and I almost ran out when she put her face 4 inches from the table and said "yes it's clean".
Well, it must have been a heck of a rush since she was the one cleaning tables! Seward on a summer Saturday morning-yahoo!
Anyhow, we've been here before a few years ago. Wash your hands after handling the menus, we always do. The food was good, service was great, and yeah. Pancakes, hash browns, eggs, and really good coffee.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

stayed 3 nights prior to our cruise departure. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was perfect, short walk to marina & cruise port and very short drive to town. Rooms are basic but clean, parking close to rooms & elevators. Surrounded by restaurants and places to shop.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Like every restaurant we ate in during our two weeks vacation in Alaska, the food was terrible, terrible, terrible!. Not just this place but every establishment we tried, from "ethnic" places to "local" places. It's as thought no one knows how to cook in the whole freaking state. Also not cheap, as everywhere else!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Nothing special about this place, but the food was average, which was fine by us. It seems all food in Seward is average, nothing is great. The service was good, which is rare. I would recommend eating here for breakfast.

2  Thank Egordon12
Reviewed June 30, 2014

If it weren't for the great location, I could have been anywhere USA in this inn. Nothing stood out as particularly special. The access to some the rooms was from an outdoor balcony (like mine), and although there was a thermostat, my heat could not be regulated. Behind the motel was a lot of traffic noise, which I heard when I had my window open, but when I closed the window the room was hot. It was a no-win situation.

However, the location is perfect for the short walk to the Kenai Fjords Tour Boats, which was the purpose for being in Seward, and an excellent reason to stay at the inn.