“Food and Service were good”

Thorn's Showcase Lounge
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Seward
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed June 26, 2014

A local recommended a bucket of but (halibut). We split a large and fries. Both were very good. Loved the 60/70's decor. Staff were friendly and service was good.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This was one of my fav places for halibut before today. Have eaten here since 2002. It's a dive of a bar, very outdated and typically Seward. But had great halibut and chips. Took friends today and the only thing good was the Alaskan White draft. The Halibut was meager for $24 with no sides. Very dry. The side of fries was the size of a child's size at a fast food. They were barely warm and too salty. The service was non existent. The waitress was more than slow, never brought water or ketchup we asked for. No refills. Then she messed up our bill 3 times after we waited for it for over 15 minutes. First time I have ever not left a tip in my life! I will never recommend them or go back.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our Windsong Lodge hotel shuttle driver, Larry, recommended the Bucket of But at Thorn's. Since it was first on the street as we were strolling along, we went in. It's a bad maybe '60's lounge with red plastic swivel chairs, dark, and walls covered in the most unique bottle collection. It was fantastic! They have a full bar, and the food was decent bar food. I had a side of the fried halibut bites with a salad. Very good halibut. The atmosphere and decent food are a reason to go in!

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

The title says it all! Excellent place. Can't wait to go back. Great service, great beer, great food. Smoke free is a plus in my book too.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

After a local insisted we go here for the halibut bowl, we decided to try it. I never gave it much thought because from the outside it looked like a dive bar. Well shame on me for judging a book by its cover. Super clean inside and it is now non smoking. It's kind of a 1970's throw back, but that's part of its charm. Although I don't eat seafood, my husband said the butt bowl was out of this world. My grill cheese and fries was ok it's always my safety net to order. May go back for my husband to get another butt bowl.