“Quirky Lounge Worth a Stop”

Thorn's Showcase Lounge
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Seward
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Quirky Lounge Worth a Stop”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our Windsong Lodge hotel shuttle driver, Larry, recommended the Bucket of But at Thorn's. Since it was first on the street as we were strolling along, we went in. It's a bad maybe '60's lounge with red plastic swivel chairs, dark, and walls covered in the most unique bottle collection. It was fantastic! They have a full bar, and the food was decent bar food. I had a side of the fried halibut bites with a salad. Very good halibut. The atmosphere and decent food are a reason to go in!

South Jersey
“Get the Bucket of Butt”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

The title says it all! Excellent place. Can't wait to go back. Great service, great beer, great food. Smoke free is a plus in my book too.

pine hill, nj
“After 10 yrs we gave this place a shot”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

After a local insisted we go here for the halibut bowl, we decided to try it. I never gave it much thought because from the outside it looked like a dive bar. Well shame on me for judging a book by its cover. Super clean inside and it is now non smoking. It's kind of a 1970's throw back, but that's part of its charm. Although I don't eat seafood, my husband said the butt bowl was out of this world. My grill cheese and fries was ok it's always my safety net to order. May go back for my husband to get another butt bowl.

Visited June 2014
Ashburn, Virginia
“Went twice in three days........”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We arrived in Seward late in the day, but had read on TA this place was open later than most, so we headed here for a late, relaxed dinner after a long day of travel. Great Alaskan brew on tap to start us off, and we were pleasantly surprised that the place is now "smoke-free". Previous reviewers had complained of smoke, but since April 2014 that is no longer a concern. Yes, the place is a bar, but it is unique and funky and definitely more oriented toward locals than tourists......that's a good thing!
We ordered the large basket of but (halibut) and one order of sweet potato fries. Both were cooked to perfection and the serving size was more than ample for two hungry adults. We liked it so much (and the value is unbeatable) that we went back for lunch on our final day in town. I'm pretty sure you can't get that much fresh fish for that price anywhere else in Alaska.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Quantity and Quality”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I shared the halibut chunks dinner. The halibut was lightly fried and there was more than enough for the 2 of us. Even the baked potato was sufficient for 2 The entire dinner was delicious. This is a sports bar and it was moderately crowded with only 2 servers who were hustling. the dinner was a good value if shared.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Thorn's Showcase Lounge? Share your experiences!