We had a very nice room with contemporary furnishings. We booked a superior room with a balcony but we were disappointed to find that the balconies are all tiny. No room for even one seat on them...just room for two people to stand there.
The ‘hotel beach’ is across the other side of the harbour and you can get vouchers from the reception desk for the free water taxi. What we weren’t told from the outset was that we’d have to pay for use of sun beds and umbrella over at the beach. It wasn’t expensive though and it’s a nice spot so we did that both days. (75 kuna (about £8) for 2 sun beds and a large umbrella for the day. There’s a beach bar there and a roped off swimming area in the sea with easy access via a pontoon with steps. The hotel does not provide beach towels for this area...unless you pay for them. So bring your own or be prepared to hire them.
The hotel does provide beach towels free of charge for use at its pool area.
There’s a free private car park across the road.
Our local recommendations would be:
1) Bar Ingleza (turn left out of hotel ) for coffee for about £1.10, a good glass of red wine for about £1.20.
2) Bata restaurant turn right out of hotel. It’s set back slightly overlooking a grassy town square. It was definitely the best of two restaurants that we tried when we were here. We went there twice. Very good value, lovely friendly staff and good simple food. 'No frills' decor.
We asked at the hotel about wifi but were told that they don’t have it. There are plenty of hotspots that you can connect to (about £2 for 30 mins) but you can buy a VIP microsim from the technology shop around the harbour and access will cost 10 kuna (about £1.10) for 24hrs. To locate this shop leave the hotel and turn right, walk around the harbour until about the end of the parade of shops and restaurants. The chap in the shop there was very helpful, sold us a sim and 5 days internet access for 50kuna, put it in the ipad for us and made sure that we were up and running ok. He was very helpful indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Korkyra is located in the very centre of Vela Luka in a peaceful area in the vicinity of the town harbour. It reads as one of the most significant hotels in the town; a hotel that combines various lifestyles with individual services. The interior of the hotel has been completely refurbished and its facade has been entirely renovated. There are 58 modernly designed rooms, a wellness centre, and an enclosed restaurant for 120 people as well as 140 seats on the hotel terrace, a bar, a swimming pool in the indoor yard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Korkyra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Korkyra Vela Luka, Korcula Island, Croatia