Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Ston
from $52.77
More Info
from $150.10
More Info
All reviews wine making olive oil plavac mali wine tasting take home top end superb wine different wines nice tour back home family run day trip cave region cellar wineries ivan
Reviewed June 19, 2015

We were taken to this beautiful wine region of Croatia and visited the family run Vinarija Milos near Ston. Our friendly guide took us on a guided tour and explained to us how they produce the various wines. We had a free tasting of the wine and there was no pressure to buy any. The shop has a huge selection of wine from the absurdly cheap but excellent bottles to the far more expensive and exclusive bottles.

Date of experience: June 2015
2  Thank Kleefeld
Reviewed June 13, 2015 via mobile

Stopped by this winery while driving thru the peninsula to Korcula. This family owned establishment is very well run. Frano's son gave us a tour and tasting. He is well spoken, polite and very professional. They are proud of what they've done at the winery and they should be! The wine, oh goodness, the delicious wine. The plavac Mali was incredible. They pride themselves on not aging the wine in new oak and let the expression of the grape speak for itself. It is so true, unlike any wine I've ever tasted. I felt like I was drinking a steak and wanted to tear into a piece of savory meat while drinking it. Über delish! I also like that they can ship to the EU. I wanted to buy more there, but couldn't fit it all in for a flight. Definitely worth a stop.

Date of experience: June 2015
3  Thank TW C
Reviewed October 20, 2014

I probably shouldn't write a review about a visit to a winery since I am know little about wine! The experience was great though. We took a tour through the winery which was interesting and informative. I enjoyed that things are done the "old fashioned way". After the tour we had a tasting of several wines. We got some delicious crackers along with the wines. For a fun day of wine tasting and beautiful scenery, I highly recommend visiting Vinarija Milos!

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank merry_vermont
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We visited Frano Miloš as part of a Croation tour on 27 Sep 2013. This winery is dedicated to the Plavac Mali grape and they produce some stunning wines. We tasted the Stagnum Rosé 2012 which is one of the best rosés I have ever tasted. We also had the Plavac 2009 and the Stagnum 2006, both of which were excellent. They produce only 50.000 bottles a year from 15 ha, so if you want to try them you have to go there. They age there wines in Slavonian oak barrels of around 2.000 liters, some of the barrels are 70 years old. You don't see any new oak barriques here, which goes to show that old traditional methods also work.

Date of experience: September 2013
3  Thank inger088
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The peninsula of Pelješac is the home of many good wineries and Frano Miloš is one of them. He makes wine the way his forefathers did. No new oak barriques with months of ageing to shape the wine. Frano uses the traditional 2000 liters Slavonian oak barrels for his wines and the results are remarkable. He only grows Plavac mali, with wonderful results. His Stagnum Rosé 2012 is one of the best rosés you would ever wish for, and his Plavac 2009 and Stagnum 2006 are just as remarkable. This is traditional Croation wine-making at its best.

Date of experience: September 2013