“Not as nice as it looks online!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kailua-Kona
Kona White Sands Condos
Winnipeg, Canada
“Not as nice as it looks online!”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We stayed at this condo in Unit 115 on our recent vacation and it was not very nice. The condo was dirty and dingy with unidentified stains on the couch. The bathtub did not have a plug for the drain (broken) and with two toddlers we were not able to bathe them properly. We contacted the vacation rental company and they said they would come fix it (twice) and never did. The pool is nice, but TODDLERS ARE NOT ALLOWED in it, even with swim diapers. If I had known this I would not have rented there. We were not happy with our stay and ended up cutting it short and renting another place in Hilo for a few days.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank MegScatbert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Coast
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Caution: before you book this unit be sure to contact the rental co. and ask:
Do you supply beach towels(no beach towels were supplied)
Is there a dvd player(contract specified stereo with cd/)
Is there glassware(we had to purchase glassware for wine, juice, etc)
Does the tv in the living room work(permanent pinkish purplish in Feb)
Is there an icemaker that works
This unit had issues as noted above. VCR supplied but not connected to any television and no cables to connect it. Stereo is a tape deck but works. No cd/dvd even though the contract said there was one so we had to watch our movies on our computer.
Color control on tv did not work.
On the upside:
Internet access for those who have to have it
Lovely wrap around balcony for mornings and evenings
Large living room (another large chair would be nice)
Quit...This unit is in the end building and looks out over a neighborhood with a view of the water in the distance.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank GraciousStreet
Alaska
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I loved my vacation to Kailua-Kona in November and our stay in this condo was great! The condo is literally right across the street from a killer boogie board beach and it was so convenient to just wake up and go to the beach without having to drive there and find a parking spot. The lanai always has sun,comfy furniture and great views, plus it's huge! The paint and furnishings were new and fresh and plenty of room for everyone to relax. We had five women in our group and never felt crowded. The condo was upbeat and the island decor was so cool. The pool area was plenty big enough for everyone but the beach being across tne street is what truly makes this condo special. We also enjoyed eating at Jamesons for lunch. That's right next to the beach. Their crab sandwich is worth going back for two days in a row! And we did. My husband and I will be back next year and it's so nice knowing where we plan to stay. I would highly recommend this condo to anyone who enjoys a sunny relaxing lanai, convenience in getting to the beach and a beautifully decorated, fresh, colorful atmosphere to hang out in after your fun in the sun. Terrific value for your money. It's also nice that the master bedroom has a door to the lanai as well as the living room.....that's how big the lanai is!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank Alaska4life
Anchorage
Reviewed December 5, 2009

After reading the review for unit 128 at White Sands Village Condos, I felt bad for them. Everything in our unit was brand new and gorgeous, right down to the linens. Last time I came with my husband, but this time it was a girl's trip and we loved unit 326. Again, the views were wonderful from the very comfortable and huge lanai. White Sands Beach across the street was gorgeous along with pool that had very friendly people hanging out there. All us girls became regulars during our vacation at the wonderful Jameson's restuarant across the street from the condos. It is right on the ocean and they have yummy food for a good price during lunch time. Dinner is more expensive, but it is worth it. We are in love with the location, views and especially unit 326, so in March I am returning again with my husband and four chldren. The unit was fully stocked with boogie boards, snorkeling gear, sand toys and beach chairs. My kids are going to have a blast and I'm looking forward to spending two weeks there again. I'm glad we found the place on Sunquest Vacations website. Plus, you get to view what the units look like before booking. They are all privately owned, so be sure to check out the pictures before choosing one. Ours really was fantastic and it didn't smell at all. Loved it!

Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank TropicalGal_9
SF Bay Area
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I can't believe that people think they can rent a place like condo #128 - just gross! Thank God we used a travel agent and they had a cancellation in another complex for us. It looked like someone went to a garage sale, picked up used linens, pots and pans, and furnishings. It was filthy and smelled like an dusty musty old folks home. The only thing nice about it was the coupon book in the end table.

The ladies in the office were wonderful and helpful - when we checked out I could tell she felt bad.

I know there are very nice places in this complex but do not stay in #128!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank danetteSFBayArea
california
Reviewed September 18, 2008

Living in California the most difficult part of getting to Kona was getting reasonable airfare. However once here we stayed at the White Sands condo, 335, and we had a great time. The condo was nicely set up, great ocean view and was very safe and secure. We used it as a point of return as we drove the island, walked the beach just across the street. Not a lot of folks here when we were there, but the birds were early risers and the gekos were friendly. We got our condo from the owner who lives in our home town. It was for us a great deal, but we have stayed on the island a number of times. I would recommend 335, and I would say you want to be on the third floor in any of the buildings. I would recommend it to everyeone who wants a slower pace vacation. Maholo

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — an extra set of stairs
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Albert
Reviewed August 24, 2008

I agree with the comments of other reviewers. The location, units and grounds are fine but the pool? Well, it is very small and is OK for floating around but not swimming and is not welcoming for children. We had a 12 month old but was not allowed to take her into the pool. The had a plastic wading pool on the side.

Also, the one of the first things you are given on arrival is a list of rules - not how you want to start your vacation.

But all this being said, for adults it is good value and we would return - but not with our grand daughter.

• Liked — Location, price
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family