We visited the big island for 8 days with my husband and my 2 sons. We stayed at Kona Reef unit F-13 for the whole time. The condo was very clean with all new appliances. It had 2 sofa beds and a queen bed at the bedroom so it could sleep 6 people but it was advertied for 4. It had spectacular views of the ocean, surf boarders, cruise ships. What I fell in love with was: The sunset by the pool area. Every evening by the sunset time lots of people would gather by the ocean front area (south side of the resort) and wait for sunset to take pictures. Resort's location is by walking distance to shops and resturants in Kona town. During our stay, their pool was getting resurfaced and we were bothered by construction noise early mornings for 2-3 days, but it was tolerable. We did not stay in the condo much during those days. The other thing that bothered me a little bit was the fact that the AC was located in the living room and we had to keep the bedroom door open to benefit from the AC. One night we decided to keep the windows open but the traffic noise in Alii drive was terrible. my recommendation for visitors of this resort, is to rent a ocean front condo in the south wing of the resort away from Alii drive. Ocean view or garden view condos are not as nice as the ocean front ones. Overall we did have a very good experience. Visited lots of waterfalls (Akaka Falls is the best), volcano, Hilton hotel (visiting this hotel is a must), Hapuna beach, and the hula dance (free in the nearby shopping center every Friday evening at 6 pm). If you want to stay in this resort, contact the owners directly and rent the condo from them. We did not do this and arranged our trip through orbitz and rented the condo from the castle hotels. This way we paid a little more than renting directly from the owner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotel.de, Vacatia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona